Chapter 10: 𝗧𝖾𝗇𝖺𝖼𝗂𝗍𝗒

.

.

╔═ ⌕ ᴰᴱᶠᴵᴺᴱ  ═════════╗
⎆ te•nac•i•ty
↳ the quality or fact of
being able to grip
something firmly; grip.
╚═════════ ➥ᴱᴺᵀᴱᴿ  ═╝

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.·:*¨༺ 𓆩⟡𓆪 ༻¨*:·.

I hand the bag over to Mama, where no children are present. Her office. "Thank you, dear." She smiles cupping my cheek. I smiled and leaned to her touch. This causes her to look at me in shock and stares at me with an unreadable expression.

"You... You seem to understand me but you don't, do you?" She asked me.

I stare back at her with the same expression. This woman thinks I don't understand when I know full well what her character is like. "You think so?" I spoke. "Even when Mama wants to live, wants us to die happy and..." I trailed off a bit wanting her to anticipate.

"... wants to love us normally." I smiled, sincerely. Her eyes widened at what I said and looked at me with her eyes filled with regret and sadness. "Mama." I called.

"One day, I'll free you from this awful place." Her expression changed. She was touched at the fact that I still forgive her, love her, and want her to be free. "They couldn't understand Mama's feelings. They only looked at your goal to live as a bad thing. Life is precious and scary to be taken away... Can they at least understand that?" I pursed my lips, eyes glistening.

"Thank you, Milan." She rubs my cheek gently with her usual gentle smile. Though it wasn't at the same time. Her expression hid her sympathy, gratitude, and regret. I couldn't help but hug her as she hugged back.

Even though I hugged her this morning, this hug is something I want her to appreciate. "I'll forgive you, no matter what, Mama." I hugged her tight as she did the same.

"Thank you..."

.·:*¨༺ 𓆩⟡𓆪 ༻¨*:·.

Outside, Don , Gilda and Ray talk about what happened. With the plan to investigate and escape impossible, Don asks what they are going to do, Ray says they have to make Emma heal fast, make new ropes and that they will escape, something he would do himself, but they would have to focus on Milan and Norman now.

Gilda questions why Milan and Norman among them all were chosen, Don finds the situation strange, remembering that high grades result in quality, so both should be the last to be sent, Ray agrees.

In thought, he sees as a possibility that Headquarters ordered Milan and Norman's death, recalling the conversation with Mama the day before , also recalling that she had eliminated Sister Krone, cut ties with him and broke Emma's leg, all for the sending to happen.

Gilda can't believe that even Krone would be eliminated, Don remembers she was alive and smiling before lunch, but her living body no longer exists, wondering if that's what would happen to Milan and Norman.