2 | Aadvik's First Day

Aadvik

Vaani has this positive vibe in her. I don't know how but she just brought a smile to my face. Her smile, her voice, her jokes, her face, everything is so soothing, so pleasing. She's the first friend I made in this town, except for the mailman and a sixty-year-old grandma, who lives next to me. She seems to be obsessed with me, she is nice though. 

I seem to be settling in. Everyone is really friendly here, the teachers too. I made a few friends today. Vaani was the first one. The school here is bigger than the one I went to in Kolkata. The ground is four times bigger than ours, the library has more books, the classrooms can fit thirty children instead of twenty and much more. There is so much variety of food in the cafeteria and everything is cheaper and tastier. I like this school more than my previous one. But I do miss my old school.

I was standing by the school gate and talking to some students from Maths class when I heard a horn, it was my mom.

"I got to go, I'll see you guys tomorrow. It was nice meeting you"

I sat in the car and my mom bombed me with questions while she was driving, " So how was your day, Beta? Did u make friends? How many? How are the teachers? aur, how is the food? And who is that girl you were talking to? Do you like her? And most importantly how is the basketball team?"

"OMG mumma stop" I laughed "Let me breathe at least"

"But I want to know everything"

"Haan I know but ek minute saas to lene do. My day was good. I made friends. I didn't count. The teachers are awesome and friendly. The food is delicious. That girl you saw is Shraddha from my Biology class. And no, I don't like her. As for the basketball team, it is perfect! It's the best in the NCR and it has 3 free spots. Trials are the day after."

"well ok, that was fast. But I'm so glad you like this school. I'm especially happy about the basketball team, it can help you get into a good college."

"Mumma can we please not talk about college right now"

"Okay. So Mexican?"

"we're eating out? yay!"