F O U R T E E N

Brooklyn's POV

I woke up to see Lorenzo in bed next to me. I really can't believe I'm a girlfriend. Well technically i'm not or am I? I don't know, but I'll enjoy the moment for what it is. I got up to get in the shower and get ready to help my mom prepare for dinner later. 

Hey!
I'd rather be with you well yeah
Boy I rather be with you
I'd rather be with you well yeah
Boy I rather be with you

Beyonce's voice filled the bathroom as I step out of the shower. I really do love this song. I stepped out of the bathroom to lotion my body. Zo was still asleep, he looked so peaceful. I lotion my body and put on a a long knit dress with a scoop back. I had a shorter wig with soft beach curls. 

I headed down stairs. "Someone's happy.. I guess you took my advice" Mama said while handing me a sack of potatoes and a potato peeler. "Yeah I did mommy, and it worked out for the best." "I can tell, surprise your cheeks don't hurt from all that smiling" She said nudging me. I could feel my cheeks burning, I didn't even notice I was smiling so hard. "Hey maybe next time you could idkkk get a room" Dri said as she entered the kitchen. They laughed a little too hard for my liking. "I don't know what you're talking about" I tried to play it cool. "Oh baby we all heard, better be glad your daddy was sleep" My mom said agreeing with Dri. I just ignored them and continued peeling the potatoes.

Lorenzo's POV

I woke up in the bed by myself. Brook was definitely an early bird, so I knew she would be up and moving already. I tossed the blanket off me and looked for my phone to text Brook. 

Me: Shorty wya

Brooklyn: I'm downstairs with my mama and Dri

I got up and threw on some clothes to go downstairs. I was walking out the room when I ran into Dallas. "Yoo Zo what's good" he said dapping me up. "Nothing much man, just waking up." He laughed a little bit. "What's funny nigga?" He pointed to my neck, "Had fun last night?" I waved him off and went downstairs to look for Brook. 

"Good morning Lorenzo" Mrs. Walter called out from the kitchen. "Good morning everybody and Happy Thanksgiving" I said after sliding behind Brook. "Hey Zo" she said smiling. I kissed her cheek while everyone stared giggling. 

MaDukes: Happy Thanksgiving son, I'm sad you're not here but I'll see you soon. Love you.

Me: Happy Thanksgiving and love you too ma

An elderly lady entered the kitchen. "Nanaaaa" Brook and Adriana called out to her. "Come give me some love" she said holding her arms out ready to embrace them. "Hey ma how you doing" Mrs. Walter said to the lady. "Hey baby, how is my favorite daughter-in-law doing? Where is my son?" The lady asked before redirecting her attention to me. "And who is this handsome young thing" She said coming to hug me. "Andrew is in the den preparing for the game later and that is Brooklyn's boyfriend, Lorenzo" Mrs. Walter answered. "Hey baby, I'm Evelyn, Brooklyn's grandmother." "Brook baby you didn't tell me you had a new boyfriend. What happened to that other fella.. what's his name? Devin? DaVon...that's his name. And where is my great grand baby Sky?" I didn't see her at the funeral, so I guess she didn't get the news. The room fell silent for what felt like forever. "Umm..I'll be back" Brook barely got out before heading to her room. I followed behind her hearing Mrs. Walter update her on what happened.

Brooklyn's POV

I had to leave the kitchen. I had totally forgot nana doesn't know about everything. I sat on my bed where Zo shortly joined me. "You okay shorty" He asked sitting next to me. "Yeah I'm fine, I just have my moments. It's like every time I'm happy something happens to remind me of Sky." He just pulled me to him and hugged me tightly not saying a word. He didn't need to, him being here was enough.

Thanksgiving was fun, all of my family was here. We ate good, played games, and watched the Cowboys play. Gotta root for the home team. I love getting together with family it's always a vibe. We were all sitting around in the living room laughing and talking. "So you're the one who had my cousin fighting" Carter laughed looking at Zo. "Carter stop being mess" Dri chimed in. "Fighting? Brooklyn Amour Walter what is he talking about" mama called out. "Nothing mama he's just talking" Austin said trying to save me. She knew about the Alyssa situation, but she didn't know I fought her. "Nothing mommy it wasn't even like that." I looked at Zo he was visibly uncomfortable. "Stop lying Austin got the video" Carter said being messy. "Let me see it" daddy said walking into the room. After Austin's phone was doing being passed around, my fight was the topic of conversation. "Damn lil B I didn't know you had that in you" My Uncle said laughing. "You know she learned from the best" daddy said while air boxing. We all laughed and continued talking.

(850) 991-2354: aye bitch tell DaVon to text me its about our baby.