𝟏𝟕 | 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞

i never thought it was possible for me
to be scared of my followers
but yesterday i felt true fear for the first time

ᓚ₍ ^. .^₎

After we sat on the bench for a while, me hugging the plushy and poking it, thinking of something to name it, we both agreed that we were hungry and I let Husk lead me towards the place he picked out. I was following him closely, walking next to him. A comfortable silence rose between us as we walked through the streets, passing various shops.

Husk stopped walking as we finally arrived our destination, he stuck his elbow out, looking at me as he offered me to take his arm. I took his arm and saw him smile as we walked into the restaurant. He gave his name to the front desk and she led us to a quiet little table by the fireplace.

We took our seats. "It feels so cozy in here." I said, smiling and looking around. The restaurant had a very old timey feeling, red bricks, wooden tables, classical music playing. It felt very comfortable.

"I used to come here all the time back in the day, but after I made a deal with Alastor... I haven't really gotten the chance to come back." He handed me the menu, and I started looking at it.

The menu was filled with what I could describe as comfort food. Stews, hamburgers, meat loafs, pies. It kind of made sense for a guy like him, he looks like the kind to reminisce while eating the same recipe as always. I giggled to myself and his attention turned to me again.

"Your age is showing." I giggled as I put the menu down, having made my choice already.

"Would you rather I take you to a fast food restaurant? Would that be more 'your age'?" He put his menu down as well as I chuckled at his response. I guess in some way he was right.

A waiter came over to us and asked us for drinks and what we'd like to order for food. I ordered some pot roast and he got one of their hamburgers, our drinks arrived fast.

"I think this is the first time I've seen you drink something without alcohol in it." I chuckled as I took a sip of my drink.

"Well, this is a special occasion." I smiled, realizing the sarcasm behind that sentence. He took a sip of his drink again and leaned forward on the table a tiny bit. "Can I ask you something personal?"

"Of course, I'll answer to the best of my ability." I answered, wondering why he turned so serious all of a sudden.

"Do you think... love exists?" He asked me and my smile dropped as I started thinking of my answer.

I thought back to my life, trying to find some instance where I felt like I was in love. I know I loved my parents, and that they loved me but that's not romantic love, rather something you feel for your family. My line of work did expose me to a different type of love, which was lust, but I would never classify that as actual love. Lust is a desire for someone, especially when it comes to intimate desires.

"I... definitely think it exists, but it's one of those things where it's different for everybody. I could say it's wanting to feel and be close to someone, but I know some people don't need to be physically close to their loved one at all." I paused for a second, thinking. "Love is complicated, because there are just so many layers to it, you can't explain it in a sentence. But, personally, I would qualify it as... just being happy with someone and wanting to spend the rest of your life with them." I smiled, as I finished speaking and I looked up to see him smile too.

The same waiter came to our table, but this time carrying two plates of food which he put on the table in front of us. The smell of the pot stew hit my nose and I closed my eyes in solace, smiling to myself.

"I remember my mom used to cook this a lot for me when I was really young." I dipped my spoon and then took a bite, savoring the taste in my mouth as I smiled even wider. "We were dirt poor so this dish was an almost daily meal at our home. I remember when I was younger I kept complaining because I became bored of it but... I've honestly missed this taste." I watched him take a bite of his burger as he listened attentively.

He put his burger down on his plate and I chuckled as it left a smudge of sauce on the corner of his mouth. He raised his eyebrow and I pointed at the same spot but on my face, making a motion to show him that he should wipe himself off. He put his hand up and brushed his cheek but in a totally wrong place.

I giggled. "Let me." I bent over the table and put my hand on his cheek, using my thumb to wipe the corner of his lips and then I sat back down in my chair. I put the tip of my thumb in my mouth, tasting the sauce and I let out a surprised sound. "That's pretty good!"

Husk POV.

Holy fuck.

My breath caught in my throat as she drew impossibly close, her fingertips gently brushing against my lips before she settled back into her seat. It was a moment that sent my heart racing, and for a fleeting second, it felt as though my heart might leap out of my chest. Her proximity was both exciting and nerve-wracking; a combination that hinted at the power she held over me.

The intensity of the moment lingered as she casually licked the sauce from her thumb, a simple gesture that sent a wave of warmth rushing to my face. I could feel the flush spreading across my cheeks, and my breathing slowed involuntarily.

I dropped my head to look at my plate so she wouldn't see my flushed face and as an attempt to compose myself, I fiddled with my fingers in a comforting manner.

What she said earlier, about wanting to spend the rest of your life with one person, I have never felt that way before. But now, I find myself yearning to spend as much time with her as I can, even if it means doing shit I would never usually do, like going to the park or drinking lemonade.

As I stole a glance in her direction, a silent hope lingered in my thoughts. I just wish she feels the same way.

ᓚ₍ ^. .^₎

i hope this chapter is enough to feed your hunger for now..
but fr sorry for not updating yesterday
i was recovering from a hangover
...and then i got drunk again last night lol

on another note tho
THE FINALE EPISODES ARE SO GOOD I'M OBSESSED AAAAAAAAAA