𝟗 | 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥

I woke up to the rhythmic vibrating of my phone, I reached over to it and read that it was 8am. I had to be at work at 9 this time because there wasn't anything I had to hand in. I yawned and as my chest tried to rise up I felt a ton of weight on it.

I looked down to see the head of a certain bartender, his ears down, one of his arms was under my waist and the other was over his stomach. A smile crawled onto my face, I am definitely going to tease him about this later. 

Noticing I am stuck, I put my arm up and started petting his head. His fur turned out to be super fluffy and soft, so after that didn't help to wake him up, I did it anyways, for my sake. "Husk." I whispered, tapping him gently on the shoulder. "Husk, I need to go to work."

Left with no reaction, I sighed and kept petting his head. I guess I could lay in bed for 10 more minutes. I took my phone out and started scrolling with one hand, petting him with the other. I moved my hand mindlessly and started petting him at the base of his ears, as I did with the cat I owned when I was very young. And soon, I heard a satisfied purring noise coming out the demon on top of me.

I started chuckling, trying to stay quiet and not move my chest that much so I didn't wake him up. But much to my dismay, the bartender started shuffling, taking his hand out from under my waist, and pushing himself up, his hands still on both sides of me. I let myself chuckle louder, as hearing Husk purr was something I never expected to experience.

He lazily opened his eyes, but they widened when he saw me laying down. "Ah, fuck." He put his arms back and shuffled off the bed, yawning in the process.

"How did you sleep, kitty?" I kept giggling, putting my phone on my nightstand. Stretching on the bed.

He looked away, probably flustered. "Magnitude 7 earthquake woke me up, I thought all of Hell was going to collapse." He fixed the straps of his pants and picked up his hat off my floor, dusting it off and putting it on.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you could purr!" I chuckled and got off my bed.

"Hey! It's not something I can control, alright? I didn't ask to be a fucking cat when I died." He looked at me with an annoyed look, and for a split second I thought I saw a hint of blush on his cheeks.

I turned around, opened my closet, and chose a business casual outfit for the day. I saw the briefcase that Vox gave me with my important stuff inside on the chair of my desk. I looked back at Husk, who was looking at my bed.

"Well... are you going to get out? Unless you want to watch me undress, I mostly charge extra for-"

"I'm going, I'm going." He said, with his arms up surrendered, and he walked out of my door.

I giggled to myself as I changed into my work clothes, and did my makeup. I checked the time and as I was running a bit late, I grabbed my briefcase and started power-walking towards the lobby. I passed by Husk who was at the front desk, drinking and I waved with a smile on my face.

"Have a nice day, kitty!" I saw Angel Dust turn his head towards the bar and Husk face palm himself.

- ˕ •マ

I went into Vox's office 5 minutes early and sat at my desk quietly, Vox was already on his seat, watching some camera footage. I tried to be nosy and look over his shoulder to see who he's watching. When I saw the 'Hazbin Hotel' sign on a familiar, tall building I furrowed my eyebrows. In this moment Vox turned his head around and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Ah, there you are." He turned his chair to face my direction. "Could you come over here for a second?" His voice was calm and collected, but still I felt threatened.