Chapter 2: The Past Sucks

Začať od začiatku

She noticed that Aang and Katara had already woken and were getting Appa ready for their upcoming departure. "Wait till you see it, Katara. The air temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world." Aang chirped.

"Aang, I know you're excited, but it's been a hundred years since you've been home." Katara looked worried. Y/N focused on rolling up her bed roll and gathering her things from the night before. She brushed her fingers through her hair and braided it loosely against her side. She hadn't had this peaceful of a morning in so long.

A loud snore interrupted her peacefulness and she noted a sleeping Sokka to her left. His mouth was hanging wide open and in his sleeping bag he looked like a giant, blue worm. Spirits, Y/N had no clue how such a loud noise could come from another human being.

Aang floated down from Appa,"Wake up, Sokka. Air Temple here we come!"

"Sleep now. Temple later." Sokka groaned and rolled over, continuing to snore.

Y/N snorted, "I don't think you're gonna get him up anytime soon Aang."

A mischievous smile appeared on Aang's face and reached for a large stick sitting on the beach. "Sokka, wake up! There's a prickle snake in your sleeping bag!"

"AHH!" Sokka shrieked and jumped to his feet at such speed, it was no surprise when he tripped over his own feet and fell straight in his face, right at Y/N's feet.

"Good morning." Y/N smiled down at the boy. His eyes flitted up and he grumbled.

"Great. You're awake. Let's go" Aang chirps while Katara laughs at his prank.

Y/N extended her hand, reaching to pull Sokka up. He scoffed, "I'm good, thanks." Dryly, brushed her off. Ouch, ok.

"Hey, what's the issue? I was just trying to help." Y/N asked assertively.

"I don't need help from Fire Nation traitors." Sokka sneered.

"How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not Fire Nation!" Y/N huffed. Katara and Aang have no issue with her being here, why is he making it so difficult to just get along.

"Maybe not," He made a swift move and placed his face mere inches from Y/n's face, he wore a fierce look, "But I know you are hiding something, and I will find out what it is." He backed up and stomped his way towards Appa.

*

All four of them soon boarded Appa and soared calmly through the sky. Y/N was still amazed by the feeling of flying, waving her hands through the wind and catching clouds whenever they got close enough.

"Aang, Appa is amazing!" Y/N smiled at the boy and lovingly stroked Appa's fur, "Did all Airbenders have sky bisons?"

"Ah, thanks Y/N. Appa likes you too! Most Airbenders are given a calf when they come of age and they become companions for life!" Aang stated. Y/N smiled at the thought of Appa and Aang being there for each other for their entire lives.

"That's so sweet." Y/N added softly.

A stomach rumbled around them. "Hey, stomach, be quiet, all right? I'm trying to find us some food." Sokka spoke to himself.

"Great, I had to deal with your snoring all night and now your noisy stomach?" Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Oh, like your sleep talking didn't keep me up all night." Sokka argued. Y/N turned pink and sheepish, she was hoping that would have stopped. "Hey! Who ate all my blubbered seal jerky?"

"Oh. That was food?" Aang looked surprised. "I used it to start the campfire last night. Sorry."

"You what?" Sokka shouted. Damn, he took his food seriously. "Aww. No wonder the flames smelled so good." Sokka sulked.