07

IT WAS A FEW days after Christmas, and Ruth Monroe She had visited her mother's house for Christmas, dropping by to exchange greetings and warm hugs and then spent the rest of the day with Alana's kind french family who lived in the centre of Paris.  Right now,  New Year loomed just two days away, Ruth couldn't shake off the feeling of gloom that had settled within her.

Lando Norris was nowhere to be seen since that fateful day when he met Mabel. They hadn't exchanged numbers, leaving Ruth feeling as if she had vanished from his world. The uncertainty of it all weighed heavily on her mind, filling her thoughts with questions and doubts. Was she just another girl he had spent some friendly moments with during the winter break? Or did she hold a special place in his thoughts, just as he did in hers?

The chaos in her mind grew with each passing day, like a storm brewing within her soul. It made it difficult for her to concentrate on her duties at Café Mon Coco, even with the few customers that braved the gloomy winter morning. The pressure in her head nagged at her, a constant reminder of the unanswered questions that plagued her.

As Ruth served cups of steaming coffee and plates of delicate pastries, she found herself stealing glances at the door, hoping that Lando would walk in at any moment. But each time, disappointment washed over her as he remained nowhere in sight. She wondered if he even thought of her as the days passed by.

The winter chill seemed to seep into her bones, matching the frigid uncertainty that gripped her heart. She yearned for a sign, a message, anything to ease the ache within her. Ruth found herself daydreaming more often, lost in thoughts of Lando's smile and the warmth of their playful banter.

But deep within her, there was a flicker of hope, a tiny flame that refused to be extinguished. As the New Year approached, Ruth made a silent wish. She wished for clarity, for the chance to see Lando again, and to know if their connection was merely a fleeting moment or something more profound.

Ruth was silly.  She was a very silly big girl.   She wasn't big on social media, she had it all on private especially when Charles followed her on Instagram at the start of their friendship and she got countless requests from his fans.  She followed Lando on Instagram for a while but since he was gone, she refused to look on it to see what he was up too.  She couldn't bring herself to see that he had forgotten about the last few weeks together even though they were nothing but friends.  Ruth couldn't lie, she did fancy the pants off the boy but, she always did...

Charles had messaged her on Christmas wishing her a blessed day, Alexandra doing the same and they had told her they were in Monaco for a few days then were going Skiing with his family so they may not see her until the new year.  She really appreciated her friends letting her know, it made her remember how Charles, Alexandra and herself were actually friends and they were not just friendly customers.

Ruth sighed, she was alone today so the guys could have some time off before the busy new year stint at the cafe.

For now, all she could do was hold on to that glimmer of hope and trust that fate would guide their paths to cross once more. As the winter morning slowly gave way to the afternoon, Ruth moved through the café, her steps a little lighter, her eyes searching for the familiar face.

Little did she know that the universe had its own plans, weaving a story beyond her imagination. The countdown to a new year held promises and surprises that Ruth could never have foreseen. And amidst the uncertain winter days, destiny was quietly working its magic, ready to reveal what lay ahead for Ruth Monroe and the enigmatic Lando Norris.

a/n ; small chapterr with not much detail but next chapter gets more interestingggg i promise !!!

thank u for the support <3 pls don't be a silent reader, lets talk!!!!

lots of love xo