'I heart New York City' shirts are dam expensive

Start from the beginning

Time skip sponsored by Luke

Morning—

"Where should we go first?" Annabeth asked as they walked out of the border.

"Let's try Manhattan first. We need to tell Sally about everything." Jason suggested. Agnostos stiffened. His mom. He missed her so much; he didn't even get to say goodbye before Zeus yeeted him into Tartarsauce!

"Uh, I don't think I should go to the apartment with you guys." Agnostos said shakily. "I can protect you from monsters since two of you are children of the Big Three."

"Nonsense, Sally would love to see an old friend of Percy's." Nico's voice cracked when he said Percy's name, but they all linked hands nonetheless and shadow-traveled to Sally's apartment.

Line break from shadow-travel

We're here, Percy thought in panic. Annabeth started to tear up at the memories, and so did Nico and Jason.

Nico knocked once, twice. Agnostos' breath hitched as the door slowly creaked open.

"Yes, look, this is not a good time—" Paul froze when he saw the cloaked figure.

"DEMENTOR!" He shrieked, pointing at Percy. Dementors? What the Hades were dementors?

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Paul, there are no such things as dementors. Those are just in the movies and books, relax."

"Can we speak with you and Sally, please?" Jason added politely.

"Of course. Come in, come in." Paul ushered them inside.

"Thanks, Paul." Annabeth thanked him.

"What's wrong, Agnos?" Nico asked anxiously as Agnostos' breathing became ragged.

"Nothing, nothing. I'm fine." He muttered as he rubbed his temples. Paul looked at him skeptically but didn't question it.

"Sally! We have some...guests." He glanced at Agnostos fearfully. Sally came out of the living room and Agnostos' breath hitched in his throat. Her beautiful salt-and-pepper hair and soft blue eyes were tainted with sadness, and her eyes were puffy as if she had been crying.

"Hello, Annabeth, Jason, and Nico." She nodded at the three familiar demigods. "Who are you?" She stared at Agnostos warily, as if expecting he were someone to murder her family.

"This is Agnostos, he was sent by Zeus to keep an eye on." Annabeth glared at him like he was going to do something wrong.

"I can introduce myself perfectly fine, thanks." He said coldly. "And I was also sent by Zeus to help you. I'm not a fricking prisoner."

"You technically are." Jason corrected.

"I'm not in the mood for technicalities, Sparky." He grumbled softly. Jason froze.

"Where did you hear that from?" He said, his voice deadly calm. Agnostos smirked.

"Places." He examined his nails casually. "You know, here and there in Tartarus." Annabeth's jaw went rigid at the sound of that name.

"What are you?" Sally asked.

"I'm a creation of...someone. Don't really know, since my kind died out a long time ago." Agnostos said carefully, making sure not to slip up.

"He's a monster." Annabeth interrupted. Sally narrowed her eyes at him and Agnostos thought he caught a sad sparkle in them.

"A monster killed my son." She said quietly. Percy was shocked. They told her lies?! He was going to kill Zeus. Well, send him to Tartarus.

"I'm guessing you don't want to talk about it." Jason rubbed the back of his neck. Sally shook her head.

"No, it's not good for this to be bottled up. I'll get some blue cookies and we can talk around the couch." She started towards the fridge, but Annabeth stopped her.

"We can't be here long, sorry." She apologized. "We're on a quest." Sally nodded, a determined look on her face.

"Well, I know that Percy died a hero—"

He died a monster. Agnostos thought bitterly.

"—and he was killed by a monster in the forest for a quest for Zeus." Yeah, right. Of course it has Drama Queen involved. "Poseidon soon identified it was the blood of one of his demigod sons, and since there was no one except for Percy—" She burst into tears, and Paul hugged her, tears of his own streaming down his face. Agnostos watched with no emotion on his face, but he couldn't help but wince at the fact that his own mom thought he was dead.

"I-I'm sorry, Ms. Blofis." Nico stammered, trying to find the right words to comfort her. She waved him away.

"It's fine, Nico. I needed to let some of it out anyway." She wiped her face hastily. "Now, you four best be going. I honestly have no idea where the rebirth of Percy might be, since there are 7 billion people in the world, so I wish you luck."

"Actually, I have something to tell you all." Agnostos interrupted. Everyone looked at him expectantly, and Agnostos took a deep breath.

"Percy Jackson isn't dead."