Remi

Fuck.
It's late.
I groan rolling off my bed onto my feet.
7am. Classes start in 30 minutes.
My ears ring and I feel like I'm about to faint. It's not until the sound of my door opening makes me get up and act casual. "Spawn! To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing your face first thing in the morning?" I say and take a second for myself before walking up to him. I'm sure by now Creigh could see the purple under my eyes and hear the dryness of my voice.
He's the only one in the house that knows my symptoms aren't from hangovers.

"Get dressed. We have class in a few" he says, with that deadpan expression he carries around like armor. I give him a smirk "Yeah, yeah. I thought you'd sleep for longer". He dosent' answer and I don't need him to. That's the thing about us. I don't mind if he doesn't answer, in fact I don't want him to. And I don't think he wants me to stop talking either. Believe it or not, he lives for the thrill and I live for the silence.

Later, I'm out in the courtyard eating lunch with some other goons. Annika is trying her best to talk to Creighton in the corner to no avail. Cecily and Glyndon are talking about some books or nerd shit they're into. And Ava is next to me ranting about something I'll probably make fun of her for later.
I sit down next to her in swift motion.
Shit. Shit. Shit.
My ears start ringing again. The sunlight feels like it's piercing through my skin and black dots begin to form in my vision.
But then it stopped.
"And if Ari gets suspended again, she can't come back to Royale Elite. She's expelled for good".

Ava is talking about her sister.
Ariella Nash.
The little Hellcat.
Trublion.
There was a time she peaked my interest. When we were kids she was never really close with any of us. Sometimes she would hang out with Landon much to Ava's disapproval but she was always in the background.
There was this one time though. We were all at my house. Probably around the time I was in Junior high, she came up to me and asked for my help. She took me to my dad's office. There she asked me to reach for a book on the highest shelf. I grabbed it for her and read the title "The Psychology of War". Must have been my mother's old books. "Don't you think this is too.. difficult for you to-" before I could finish she kicks me in the legs and snatches the book away. I fall to my knees and once I'm there, she kisses me on the cheek.

I was fucking dumbfounded. Never once in my life had I been speechless. And all she does is frolic away. At that time a lot of girls were hitting on me in worse ways then with a kiss on the cheek. But I don't know why hers felt so different. Since then I started to notice her more. Maybe a little too much. Like how she liked to stare at me from across the room and never break eye contact even when I look at her. And how she purposefully comes over to see my Mom only to snoop around the house and sometimes into my room. I never stopped her though. Don't find the reason to take care of an obsession that will probably go away soon.

I remember seeing her for the first time in a while this weekend at the Mansion. I noticed her come in and start lurking in the corners. She's worse than Creighton when it comes to a dead pan face. I swear she always looks like she's going to kill someone. Her eyes black like a doberman and her beautiful fucking figure she likes to dress with simple clothes that makes her go unnoticed. But I always notice. She should have a sign written on her. Jailbait. Because that's exactly what she is. Sad really.. I never fall for bait.