𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

TODAY WAS supposed to be a normal, random Thursday. Sophia, Mark, and Lillian were set to leave for winter break tomorrow. Meanwhile, Ethan grappled with expressing his love for Sophia. Despite his desire, each anticipated moment seemed to slip away, leaving him hesitant and anxious about her reaction. Today, with Sophia's impending visit, Ethan resolved to finally reveal his feelings.

Dylan took charge of preparing a farewell dinner for the group, a last gathering before the new year. Given Dylan's wonderful cooking, there was no argument from the girls about attending. As Ethan rehearsed his confession in the bathroom, Luke observed, offering reassurance. "It's not as difficult as you're making it out to be," Luke said sitting on the toilet. "You've never told anyone you're in love with them," Ethan said.

Luke rolled his eyes, dismissing Ethan's anxiety. "Okay, but come on, man. She obviously feels the same way. Don't stress about this. Just tell her how you feel," he reassured.

With a sigh, Ethan looked at his reflection in the mirror, realizing Luke's advice was true. Ethan nodded and acknowledged that it was time to tell Sophia how he felt. Just then, the doorbell rang, signaling the girl's arrival. "Well, it's time," Luke said, offering support as they both headed to greet the girls. "You got this, buddy," he added, giving Ethan's shoulder a reassuring pat as they exited

Dylan was busy in the kitchen, preparing his signature pizza with the assistance of Rutger and Mackie. Meanwhile, the rest of the group lounged on the couch, watching a football game. However, the girls were stationed in the kitchen, captivated by Dylan's culinary artistry.

Ethan's gaze was fixated on his girlfriend, who stood mesmerized as Dylan sprinkled cheese onto the pizza. Today, he was determined to confess his feelings; he could sense it deep within his being. With a hopeful smile, he approached her.

"Hey," he greeted, his heart pounding with anticipation. She turned to him, returning his smile. "Hey," she replied softly. "I need to talk to you after dinner," Ethan stated. She nodded in agreement. "Okay."

Dylan placed the pizza in the oven and turned to the group. "And now, we wait," he declared. "Are you sure your pizza is as good as you say?" Luca teased from the couch.

"Trust me, babe, it's delicious," Lillian chimed in with a grin. "Yeah, don't doubt me, Fantilli," Dylan added confidently. Sophia giggled and settled onto the couch, her attention captured by the football game.

Observing Lillian casually scrolling through her phone at the kitchen island, Ethan saw an opportunity for advice. "Hey," he approached her, pulling up a chair. Lillian set her phone aside and turned to him. "What's up?" she asked.

Ethan leaned in, his voice low. "I'm going to tell her. After dinner," he said. Lillian's eyes widened in surprise. "Seriously? Like, a hundred percent?" she asked, seeking confirmation. Ethan nodded.

"I'm proud of you. I honestly didn't think you had the balls," Lillian remarked. Ethan furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?" he asked, confused.

"No, it's not a bad thing. I just didn't think you were actually going to tell her," Lillian clarified with a shrug. "What made you think that?" Ethan asked, curious about her perspective.

Lillian sighed, her expression thoughtful. "You aren't exactly the best at expressing your feelings in relationships," she pointed out.

Ethan crossed his arms defensively. "What?" he protested. "That's not true."

Lillian sat up, meeting his gaze. "How long did it take for you to tell Sophia how you felt again? Months, right?" she reminded him.

"Look, Ethan, I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying I'm proud of how you've changed. You never cared about any girl like you care about Sophia. You've never cared so much about a Christmas gift. I mean, when's the last time you even bought any of your girlfriends anything meaningful?" Ethan fell silent, acknowledging the truth in Lillian's words. She wasn't wrong. He had never cared about anyone like he cared about Sophia. She made him change. She made him care. She made him fall in love.