𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

THE HAUNTED houses awaited the group, but a trip home was necessary for the guys to freshen up with showers first. Fortunately, each had a private bathroom.

As the guys got ready, Sophia and the girls waited on the couch, aware that the haunted houses had opened half an hour earlier and would close at eleven. With the current time being 7:30, they had time, yet they were eager to explore as many houses as possible.

While awaiting the guys, Sophia turned on Freeform's "31 Nights of Halloween," finding The Nightmare Before Christmas on screen. Despite the widespread perception of it as a Christmas movie, Sophia had always thought of it as a Halloween film. Most people would beg to differ.

Growing increasingly bored during the boys' long showers, the girls thought of it as a good thing with their post-game sweat suggesting it might have been a good time for the guys to freshen up.

Suddenly, Mark walked out while drying his hair with a towel. Sophia looked up at her brother. "Hey, we were thinking of grabbing dinner before the haunted houses. What do you think?" Mark nodded, "Yeah, that sounds good. Where?"

Sophia stood up from her seat. "Lilly suggested Monty's. Not a bad idea," she said, approaching her brother by the kitchen island. "I could go for some pizza. What about the guys?" Sophia chuckled, "Please, it's a bunch of college dudes fresh off a hockey win. I doubt they'd turn down pizza." Mark joined in, nodding. "Yeah."

Sophia turned around, facing the girls. "Mark's on board with pizza." The girls nodded in agreement. Mark walked over to the couch. "What're you guys watching?" he asked.

"The Nightmare Before Christmas," Jasmyne responded.

"I hate these kinds of movies," Mark admitted.

"What? Halloween? Horror?" Lillian asked, confused.

Mark shook his head. "Stop motion," he clarified. "Sophia's always loved them, though."

"Coraline used to be my favorite movie," Sophia revealed, nodding in agreement.

"What's wrong with stop-motion?" Jasmyne asked.

"It's just creepy, like the way they move," Mark explained. Lillian chuckled, "What?" Mark asked. "Nothing. That's just surprising. I didn't expect you to dislike stop motion." she said.

Mark shrugged. "I'd much rather sit down and watch a Marvel or DC movie," he stated, taking a seat on the couch next to his girlfriend and casually putting his arm around her.

"Ah, but which one is better? Marvel or DC?" Jasmyne asked.

"Marvel, obviously," Mark replied. "I swear DC rarely comes out with movies. The only one I really liked was Harley Quinn," Sophia added, taking a seat.

"Suicide Squad?" Mark asked.

"No, there's a Harley Quinn movie," Sophia clarified. "Yeah, fucking educate yourself, Marcus," Lillian chimed in making Mark stick his tongue out playfully. Lillian mirrored the gesture, and Sophia laughed.

"What's so funny?" Sophia turned to find Ethan in the hallway, wearing only a towel and his hair soaking wet. A warmth spread through Sophia, her eyes widening at the sight. He was drying his hair with a smaller towel, just like Mark did. Sophia swallowed and feeling the effect he had on her, Ethan smirked knowingly.

"Uh, I...It was just something Lillian said," Sophia stammered. Mark observed Sophia, then Ethan, sensing an odd tension in the air. Something about the interaction felt off to him.

"Oh, God, do you have to walk around the house like that? You know we're here, Edwards, have some decency," Lillian scolded, averting her eyes in disgust.