𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

THE WOLVERINES lost against Notre Dame last night, and today, they face them once more. Brandon has decided to run the team through strategic plays and extensive drills both on and off the ice throughout the morning in preparation for this afternoon's game.

Sophia and Jasmyne arrived ahead of the guys. With the end of October near, a crisp chill filled the air in Ann Arbor. The girls took pictures of the guys as they entered Yost. Lillian said she would attend the game later, and while she jokes about Sophia forcing her into coming, her presence is entirely voluntary.

Sophia knows that Lillian prefers the vibrant atmosphere of a college hockey game with friends over being lonely in a dorm room.

As Sophia's phone buzzed, she saw that she received a text from Ethan. Distancing herself from Jasmyne, who was still capturing photos, she looked at the message.

My Boy 🫶🏻 sent a message !

My Boy 🫶🏻

My Boy 🫶🏻
are you at Yost?

Sophia
wdym?

My Boy 🫶🏻
like are you at the arena?

Sophia
what arena??

My Boy 🫶🏻
Sophia.

Sophia
what? I seriously have no idea what you're talking about

My Boy 🫶🏻
stop being difficult and just answer the question

Sophia
and if I don't...?

My Boy 🫶🏻
are you near the arena?

Sophia
if you count right outside the door then yes, yes I am
why? you miss me already?

My Boy 🫶🏻
so I can show you what happens if you don't stop being difficult.
read: 2:21 pm

___

Sophia's eyes widened at the last text, and she was surprised she didn't drop her phone. A flush spread across her face, red as a tomato. Quickly stashing her phone in her jacket pocket, she regained herself and returned to Jasmyne.

As Mark approached and waved to the girls, Sophia couldn't shake the guilty knot in her stomach that always appeared when she saw Mark, and thoughts of Ethan appeared. Mark remained oblivious to the fact that his best friend and sister were keeping things from him. Sophia grappled with the sense of betrayal towards Mark daily, yet she recognized that not being with Ethan would mean betraying herself.

"Are you okay?" Jasmyne asked, turning towards Sophia, who re-entered reality and faced Jasmyne. "Yeah, I'm fine," Sophia nodded. "I'm going to grab a drink inside. I'll be right back." She said making her way into the arena.

Walking into the administrative office, Sophia reached for a bottle of water from the mini-fridge. A voice behind her startled her, and as she turned around, she discovered Ethan casually leaning against the door frame. "I was wondering where you were," he said with a slight grin.

"Shouldn't you be with the others?" Sophia asked. "I mean, I should, but I'd rather be here," Ethan replied, entering the office and closing the door. Sophia half-smiled, then sat down on the couch, sighing. "Do you feel bad?" she asked. "Feel bad for what?" Ethan responded, confused.