Chapter 5. The Quest

"The Oracle has confirmed what we expected, that this quest will proceed towards the Underworld, where you will confront the god who has rebelled against his brothers." Chiron announce.

All the leaders of each cabin were gathered around in a giant circle with Annabeth and Nailea next to one another.

"Hades. The entrance to Hades's domain lies under the city of Los Angeles." Percy stood next to Chiron, looking up at him. "This is where you will journey to. Time is short."

Chiron turned his attention towards the leaders, "I have selected our most compelling candidates, from which you will choose three to join you on this quest and ensure that we succeed."

"Nailea," Percy said immediately as Chiron finished his sentence. Nailea looked over at Percy to see his gaze already on her. Inside, Nailea was smiling brightly and that made a small smile of gratitude to fall upon her face.

"Customarily, one waits to at least hear a name or two before choosing. Are you sure you don't want to hear more?" Chiron asked the blonde haired boy.

"This thing, Zeus's master bolt, we need to get it back, right?" Percy asked.

"Yes." Chiron answered.

"And it's gonna be hard to get, yes?" Percy continued. Nailea loved where this was going.

"Extraordinarily."

"So, the mission would have to require an amazing warrior at combat and to have a lot of trust in that said person, right?" Nailea watched Percy explain as she kept her head high.

Chiron looked over to Nailea, "The first quest-mate shall be Nailea Clarke!" Nailea nodded at Percy as he nodded back to her, with a smile on his face.

"Now, on to the other candidates." Chiron began to announce everyone as Percy came to his final two. Nailea was praying inside he would choose Annabeth.

"Grover and Annabeth." This was going to be a fun quest.

§§§

After the ceremony, Nailea went to her cabin to pack for the quest. As she was putting on her green jacket over her purple shirt, she heard a knock on the door. She turned around to see it was Luke.

"Hey." He said, walking into the cabin.

"Hey." She replied.

They were both quiet until Luke walked up to her, pulling her into a hug. Nailea wrapped her arms around his waist and his arms were around her shoulders. After a few moments, they released from the hug.

"Be careful out there, all right?" Luke said, looking at her as she moved to put her back pack on her shoulder.

Nailea chuckled lightly, "Aren't I always?"

Luke didn't laugh, "I'm serious."

Nailea sighed and nodded, "I know."

Nailea knew Luke was worried for her about the quest, she knows what happened to him on his, but that was a story for another time.

§§§

After saying goodbyes to everyone, Nailea and Annabeth moved to Thalia's tree. They both placed their hands on it and closed their eyes. Once they opened, the two demigods looked at one another and then walked away. When they were walking back, they heard Percy and Grover talking.