Wind & Cracks

Chapter 1

Wind & Cracks

"Furthermore, you rejected his help when you most needed it, didn't you?"

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧˳·˖ ✶ ✦ 

You woke up with the wind caressing your hair. It took you a few seconds to get familiar with your surroundings. You fell asleep while working, again. For your defence, you only did this while working on important projects, and this order from the Knights of Favonius was exactly your definition of important. Good thing you still have a week to perfect your design for the slime traps.

You felt the wind on your again, but this time it wasn't as pleasant. You checked your window to see you left it open while working last night. How responsible of you, not only sleeping on your blueprints, but risking getting sick too. You stood up and closed the window, took off your work coat and wore something warm instead.

Realising you are not really behind schedule, you decide to start building your slime traps tomorrow, and take the day off. You look around your basement, or how you call it, 'workspace' to find another project to work on. Fitting to the Mondstadt's favourite inventor, you barely did anything other than thinking and building. It seemed like a nice day to go out. Plus, when you are gone for longer than a few days, the townspeople start to believe you accidentally exploded your basement and killed yourself. Funny thing is that most of them could not tell the difference between an inventor and an alchemist; you are more in the mechanical side of the art of creation, and the most sensible work incident that could happen is crushing your hands under heavy metal parts.

Your pair of (E/C) eyes land on a blue box with a white ribbon on the top. You just found what to do today! It is something you should have done weeks ago but, no one really blamed you for your bad memory in the first place. You changed into weather appropriate clothes and put the box in your bag, and headed outside. Not some distant relative of Edward from Twilight, but the sun getting in your eyes made you rethink your choice of going out. Good thing you could find your way to the Church of Favonios with your eyes closed. Literally.

Having to open your eyes to climb up the stairs, you noticed your sight was a lot better than when you first got out of your cave- I meant house. You were almost breathless when you were next to the Wind Archon's statue. Not because you were physically inactive, but you didn't like climbing stairs. Well no one in the whole Teyvat liked them; but your penpal Ayaka once mentioned that the biggest shrine in their city was on top of a mountain, so you came to the assumption that religious stuff were commonly accessible after you tear yourself up climbing stairs.

You didn't really want to go inside the church, so Rosaria appearing a couple of feet away from you out of nowhere was somewhat a blessing to you. You were going to wave at her, but something made you stop yourself. You still were cautious about this, even after years. You remember the day it first happened like yesterday. It was embarrassing as hell, and impossible to forget too.

You were sitting at Cat's Tail, petting a ginger cat. It scratched you a hundred times already but you didn't blame the poor guy, it was usual ginger cat behaviour. You had just returned from springvale, and took your anemo vision with you as another thing for protection. Well, it was actually the first time you wore it while going out. As you barely got outside the city, you usually commissioned an adventurer to go along with you. You were happy noticing Diona wasn't working today. You weren't sure if the young lady hated you only coming here for the cats, or loved that you didn't really drink.