The Truth Hurts [Chapter 6]

Novacane - Frank Ocean
Alicia Mercado Diaz

It's been a few days since Dominic left my apartment and recovered from his gunshot wound.

And after a dry call with my grandfather, I'm apparently going to a ball where I'm going to meet my future husband blah blah blah whatever.

But I get to dress up and look pretty so I'm okay I guess.

My phone rings and the name shows up 'BAD BITCH NUMBER #1 🔥' I smile knowing she changed her contact name.

"Hey stella-" "WHY ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED!???" She screams through the phone.

Estella Camila Bouras, my Greek and Honduran best friend, since the 2nd grade to be exact, sixteen years actually.

Crazy. She is like family and her mom and dad are my second parents.

"Okay my ears are bleeding now thanks and, ah! Let me talk Estella!" I say cutting her off as I felt her inhaling to start speeding talking.

--

"Ohhhh, so your grandad sucks" she says after hearing out my long ass explanation.

"Yeah pretty much.. but" I say drawing the word out.

"I get to go to a ball and meet my soon to be husband or something, but guess who gets to go with me? " She gasps

" I do!?" She gasps again. "Si niña" I say grabbing my airpods and connecting them to my phone so I can start putting away my clothes that I were folding.

"Well.. when is the ball?" She asks and it sounds like she is eating something good.

"This Saturday, at one of my late grandmother's mansions" I say slightly kicking the drawer closed.

"But I thought your grandad was the Don?" She asks confused and her mouth is full.

"Basically the Spanish Mafia was founded by one of my great great great great great grandmothers, and for decades the Mafia was run by women, and when my grandmother died my grandfather took care of the Mafia for some time and was gonna pass it on to my father but he didn't want to, and it was supposed to be the first born daughter to take over anyway but apparently I have to get married into the Italian mafia to seal the deal"

" Damn.. it kinda like my Mom and Dads Mafia except I'm the only descendent" She remarks.

" Anyway we only have one day to go dress shopping! So let's get a move on- wait do we have a budget? " She askes.

"Nope, I say smirking" and she laughs.

---

"I don't like it" I say as I stare at the dress in the mirror.

"How come you've only tried on red dresses?" Stella asks me as she looks through dresses.

"Me and the groom have to wear red, something about traditions" I say groaning.

"Never thought you would be one for tradition" Stella says sarcastically and glances at me.

"Yeah but if I don't my grandfather will throw a fit and I'll never hear the end of it" I say spacing out and i feel the couch dip next to me.

"But seriously babe how are you feeling about this" Estella asks me pulling me out of my empty minded thoughts.

"I guess it's okay I'm just feeling numb" I mutter messing with my nails, which we just got done.