Disbelief [Chapter 1]

Is There Someone Else?-The Weeknd

✿~Alicia Mercado Diaz~✿

My phone rings from its position on my desk, I walk over and check the caller ID 'Mama ❤️' I pick up the phone and hold to to my ear.

"Si Mama?" "¡Vuelve a casa ahora mismo mija! Y tráete a tus hermanos también, ¡date prisa, por favor!"

{Yes mom?}

{Come home right now my daughter and bring your siblings as well, hurry please!}

Then the phone abruptly hangs up. I look towards Jackie and Eduardo with a confused look on my face.

"¿Qué necesita mamá?" Eduardo looked up from the papers he was signing Jackie doing the same.

{What does Mom need?}

"She just said we needed to come home like right now then the call cut off"

We all stand there for a second before leaving our father's office, since all three of us were expected to take over his company we had to learn the basics which meant doing lots of paper work and taking calls every five minutes.

We all entered Eduardo's car in which we drove here to, "I'm texting mom and she isn't answering my text" Jackie says a frustrated look in her eyes. "Same with dad" I say texting him asking what's going on.

We pull up into the driveway and exit the car quickly, Jackie runs towards the door and busted the door open like we're the SWAT which we might as well have been.

Usually it takes 13 minutes to get to mom and dads house but we got there in 9 guess Ed was speeding.

The door opens harshly and all three of us stand near the door, Jackie let's out a sigh of relief once she sees mom and dad safe sitting on the couch
across from granddad?

" A todos casi nos da un infarto al llegar aquí, ¡y a Ed casi le ponen una multa por exceso de velocidad!" Jackie groans frustrated.

{We all almost had a heart attack getting here, and Ed almost got a speeding ticket!}

"I'm surprised he didn't" I say letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Uh" Dad clears his throat, "Kids sit down" He says and I notice it's something serious.

We never spent much time with grandad as dad put it 'he was never interested in the family life' but we were semi familiar with him.

We were aware of what he was apart of, The head of the Spanish Mafia dad was supposed to become to Don but he turned down the opportunity which caused a huge argument between the two.

I look towards Jackie and she mouths something in French 'Que fait-il ici ?'which I make out to be 'what is he doing here.' and I shrug my shoulders softly.

"Okay kids so uh, there really is no simple way to put this-" Dad gets cut off by grandad scoffing at him.

"Just spit it out! Alicia you getting married, there bam! Easy" He says he Spanish accent getting stronger.

It quiet for a few seconds before Jackie stands up in shock, "What do you mean my older sister is getting married!?" she says staring dead at Jean Carlos, sometimes we call grandad by his name not to his face obviously.

He grips the bridge of his nose, mutter something under his breath in Spanish before rolling his eyes. "A few decades ago when you father was around ten or eleven I got in touch with the head of the Italian Mafia and we made a deal that my son's eldest child would marry his daughters eldest child when the reached the appropriate age, so yeah Alicia you getting married in two months." He says like it not a big deal.

"But why?" Eduardo asked with a scowl on his face, "The Spanish and the Italian Mafia never really got along so the deal was a way to show we have come to an agreement.

so why am I getting dragged into the agreement?

~~~~~

A/N

HII EVERYONE IM SUPER EXICTED FOR THIS STORY AND THAT SAYING A LOT EVEN FOR ME
THIS IS MY FIRST STORY SO GIVE ME SOME TIME TO UPDATE, NOT SURE WHAT SCHEDULE OF UPDATING IM GOING TO HAVE BUT BE NICE AND RESPECTFUL PLEASE!! <3

DONT FORGET TO VOTE!

(722 WORDS)