CALIDA

Calida(Greek & Spanish Origin) Meaning: Warm

"He does not like showing his feelings and would rather do a cruel thing than open his heart freely" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

-------------------------------------------------

Coriolanus Snow found himself ensnared in his own folly, cursing the labyrinth of his own design.

He had foreseen that he would end up sleeping with Calida, a calculated gambit in his relentless pursuit of power.

To him, she was but a pawn in his intricate game, a mere means to an end.

Yet, he hadn't anticipated the tumultuous storm of emotions that had ensued, engulfing him in its tempestuous embrace.

It was as if he had been swept away by a relentless current, losing himself in the depths of her entire being.

His thoughts involuntarily veered towards Grey, a reminder of past wounds that had yet to fully heal.

He had vowed never to allow himself to be ensnared in such emotional entanglements again, to guard his heart against the vulnerabilities of affection.

The dichotomy between his feelings for Grey and Calida perplexed him.

They were as disparate as night and day, yet each elicited a visceral response that churned his insides equally.

He grappled with the unsettling realization that Calida had managed to breach the fortress of his defences, evoking emotions he had long believed buried beneath layers of icy resolve.

It was an affront to his sense of control, disrupting the meticulously constructed façade he presented to the world.

How dare she do that to him?

Yet, amidst the chaos, a perverse allure lingered, a seductive whisper of temptation that beckoned him towards the precipice of desire.

The memory of Calida's soft and pleading voice reverberated in the recesses of his mind, igniting a primal hunger that stirred within him.

With a frustrated groan, he pushed himself away from his desk, reclining in his chair with a sense of resignation.

No matter how alluring its melody may be, he could not be swayed by the siren song of desire.

Coriolanus had toiled relentlessly to ascend the ladder of success, his ambition a blazing fire that fueled his every endeavour.

He was on the cusp of attaining his desires, driven by an unyielding determination that knew no bounds.

A tempest of conflicting emotions brewed in his heart, a tumultuous storm raging within him.

He wanted to despise Calida, to crush her, perhaps even to extinguish her very existence.

Yet, whenever his gaze fell upon her, a strange warmth enveloped him, thawing the icy tendrils of his resolve.

It was as though she possessed the power to kindle a flame within him, igniting his soul with a fervent intensity.

He found bitter irony in the situation, a cruel twist of fate that mocked him relentlessly.

The name she bore, Calida, bore a significance not lost on him; it whispered warmth and radiance, a stark juxtaposition to his frigid persona.

Calida, the fire, melting Snow—a poetic irony that danced in the shadows of his mind, taunting him with its cruel whimsy.

Coriolanus had always resented how she peered into his soul with unwavering scrutiny, her gaze piercing through the facade he meticulously maintained.

She seemed to possess an innate ability to perceive the darkness lurking beneath his veneer, to discern the secrets he harboured within.

Despite his best efforts to conceal his true nature, her perceptive gaze often caused his facade to falter, exposing the vulnerable depths hidden beneath.

She alone held the power to unravel him and the carefully crafted illusions he projected to the world.

But, amidst the tumult of conflicting emotions, Coriolanus found himself grappling with a perplexing question: if she saw through his facade, if she comprehended the darkness that dwelled within him, why then did she appear ensnared by him, as he was by her?

Coriolanus was a man of extremes, his emotions a tempestuous sea that raged within him.

When he detested something, he harboured an intense loathing, a burning desire to eradicate it from existence.

Conversely, when he found favour in something, he became consumed by an all-encompassing obsession, driven to possess it at any cost.

The sensation of yearning and coveting coursed through him like a potent elixir, fueling his insatiable appetite for control.

He envisioned unravelling the intricate threads of Calida's mind, reshaping them according to his whims, moulding her into his ideal.

Until she existed solely at his command.

He had harboured similar intentions with Grey, attempting to control her, but she had proven lacking in the substance he sought.

She could offer him a bleak existence devoid of promise or ambition.

Grey was a dead end, a road leading nowhere but stagnation and mediocrity.

But Calida was not Grey.

Calida possessed everything he desired, everything he believed he deserved.

She was a canvas waiting to be painted with his ambitions, a jewel waiting to be claimed by the hand of a conqueror.

In her, he saw the promise of power, the potential for greatness that he craved with every fibre of his being.

A future in which he could ascend to the pinnacle of power and influence.

And so, in his customary fashion, he is driven by the insatiable hunger to possess what he desires.

What he wants, he takes.

There were no rules in the game of power and ambition—only winners and those left in their wake.

————————————————————
I need to preface that I love Lucy. I felt horrible describing her like that, but at the end of the day, it is what it is. 

Anyway, I hope you liked this update.

The next update will be the Gala. I am a sucker for ball-type events, even though they can feel a bit cheesy and overdone - But I will do my best to make it stand out.

Have a good week.

Thank you for reading.