Chapter 139

Orcs were natural-born hunters.

Their level of intelligence fell some way short of that of humans, but they easily exceeded humanity when it came to tracking and hunting prey weaker than they were.

And now, the doorway had been shattered. The 'wall' blocking the dungeon from the rest of the world was gone, and these hunters began pouring out from the Gate.

"Kururuk."

"Keuk."

The Orcs shoved away the annoying corpses of the high school boys and scanned their surroundings.

"Sniff, sniff."

"Kuruk."

These hunters had been trapped inside the dark dungeon for the whole week, quietly waiting for this day. It was rather obvious that they would get excited from all the smell of blood and flesh coming from their surroundings.

However, this group was merely advanced scouts. Even if their blood was boiling, they weren't supposed to act as they pleased. Dozens of their brethren were waiting impatiently for their reports just beyond the roundish doorway.

These Orcs looked around and spotted straight walls with many doors and windows.

The Orc in charge of the advanced scouts immediately realised that they were standing inside a complicated artificial structure like a castle.

"Kururuk."

Its nostrils twitched.

There were two choices here to make. One, leave this 'castle' and kill every prey they could find with utter impunity.

Or, kill every human found within this 'castle' and turn it into a fortress – and then, commence with their hunting in earnest. There was no need to even consider which one was the safer choice.

The leader Orc ordered its underling.

"Summon our brothers."

And then, it raised its head to glare at the ceiling above. The monster's ears twitched and caught onto the noises coming down from upper floors.

Above, and then, more above that, still; this structure was seemingly filled with prey.

Its head was currently ringing painfully with a voice that kept telling the creature to kill every single one of those prey.

"Good."

The monster's maw parted and its yellowing fangs were revealed to the world.

"First, we cleanse this place completely."

There was a sizeable crowd of people gathered in the coastline of Gwang-An-ri. Even though the weather was overcast and gloomy, there was this one thing that made these people show up here in morbid fascination.

And that would be the gigantic Gate floating above the beach.

The members of the local police force, whose assistance had been requested, and the employees of the Hunter's Association, Busan branch, had cordoned off the area and strictly prohibited civilians from approaching the location.

But, for some reason, the number of folks gathering around hadn't lessened at all.

"Senior?"

A newbie female employee, who enjoyed the misfortune of being knocked around by the waves of people, formed a tearful expression and asked her senior as she sought shelter from the storm of curious humans.

"Do we have to repeat this same thing every time a Gate appears?"

The senior employee was also feeling flustered over this matter as well. This would be his first time seeing a commotion of this level around a Gate.