Chapter 52

What was the meaning of this sudden slap to the back of his head?

Everything was going well, so why did 'Necromancer' pop out instead of the expected 'Assassin'??

Jin-Woo dazedly stared at the message. He even rubbed his eyes several times, but nothing changed.

[Your Class has been set as 'Necromancer'.]

The message still floated up there, unchanging.

He couldn't believe it at first, then he became really angry next.

'I've never even touched the Intelligence Stat, so what the hell?!'

Just how did he end up with a rare class not even found among countless Mage-type Hunters in the world??

From the moment Jin-Woo awoke as a rank E Hunter, he was always a close-quarters fighter. With the exception of the steel longsword, he always used daggers, and the skills he got until now were perfectly suited for the role of an assassin.

That was why he hadn't even thought of the possibility that his class would end up belonging to a different type altogether.

It was a magic-type, no less... No, more than that, a Necromancer!!

His knowledge of different classes came from video games, but even then, he knew enough about what being a Necromancer entailed.

A gloomy-looking mage, and an army of undead following that dude.

No matter how much he thought about it, that image just didn't correlate to him whatsoever.

Jin-Woo frowned deeply and shook his head.

'....Let's calm down, first.'

Even if his thoughts were complicated, his responses should be calm.

Being calm and cool-headed were Jin-Woo's ultimate weapons. He controlled his rage and regained his cool head soon afterwards.

'Hang on, isn't this....'

Denial, then rage.

He suddenly felt like he was acting like a patient who just heard the diagnosis of terminal illness, and was going through the so-called five stages of grief.

'Rage... then, it's supposed to be negotiation, is it? Or was it compromise?'

Of course, there was no way he'd be allowed to negotiate or come to a compromise with the System.

If he were to think about the advantages of being a Necromancer, then.... just as the System alluded to, he could create his own army? About that much?

'Well, the problem here is that army will consist of skeletons and rotting corpses.'

If he walked around with such an army, the whole world would be up in arms in no time.

Hunters were already the objects of aspiration and fear, yet he was being asked to become a Hunter who could lead around an army of the departed....

Never mind the question of this class being suitable to him or not, he wasn't even confident of handling the fallout from that.

Tti-ring.

[Will you accept this Class?]

The System demanded his answer.

What a relief that was.

'I can still say yes or no.....'

Jin-Woo spat out a sigh.

If the Class wasn't forced down his throat, then that meant there was another opportunity for him. If he still had another shot, then there was no reason to sweat so much right now.