22) Close call

---✿---

"Woonhak?" A familiar voice called from the darkness.

It was of course none other than Leehan himself, the one person they've been desperately trying to avoid for the past two weeks. "Leehan?" Woonhak immediately panicked and sat up to grab the covers that were at his feet, pulling it up in a sad attempt to hide Jaehyun.

The elder tried his best to lay alongside Woonhak and stay as close as possible so he wouldn't stand out. They also hope that the dark room would help them hide a bit better and it did, for the most part.

"Woonhak are you awake?" Leehan asked, still standing by the door but for some reason, his voice sounded a little weak.

"Um, sort of..." Woonhak answered awkwardly, not knowing what else to say but he hoped that Leehan would just move along and go to bed.

But of course, he didn't. "Can I come and cuddle with you?" He asked as if he was some kid asking to cuddle with mommy after having a bad dream.

Woonhak was caught off guard by the other boy's behaviour and shocked that the normally observant Leehan didn't even notice the large lump beside him. But before he could even answer Leehan started to walk over to him and quickly got under the covers and laid beside him.

Woonhak was absolutely speechless from the situation he stumbled into. On one side of him, he has Jaehyun whom he was literally just fooling around with only two seconds ago and on the other side, he has Leehan who is being strangely clinging and also reeks of alcohol.

"Umm, Leehan are you ok? Why did you come back so early? It's not even 12 yet, and weren't you supposed to be with Taesan?" Woonhak questioned.

"Me and Taesan had a fight." Leehan pouted as a nuzzled closer to the younger.

"A fight? Why? What happened?" The younger actually became a little interested and concerned for his friend after hearing that, which probably wasn't the best response, given the circumstances.

"Well I was talking to some guy at the bar in the club, it was just some small talk, nothing else. But when Taesan got back from the bathroom he looked pissed at me and then dragged me outside and started yelling at me." Leehan explained in a whiny voice.

"He yelled at you?" Woonhak asked, getting even more concerned and almost forgetting the situation he was in right now.

"Yeah, he was like, saying the guy was hitting on me and that I should have rejected him right away and all that shit, which is stupid! He wasn't even hitting on me and even if he was he should trust me enough to know that I would never! ever! entertain that!" Leehan started getting restless and frustrated again which made him just barely brush his arm against Jaehyun's, which was draped over Woonhak's stomach at the time.

Woonhak panicked noticing them touch underneath the covers so he instinctively tried moving Jaehyun's arm before he answered his friend's distressed rant. "Um- ah- well, what did you say to him." He stammered.

"I told him that he's an insecure asshole and then I walked away and walked home." Leehan pouted with a nod as if he was satisfied with his response.

"What? Leehan, don't you think that's a bit harsh? And that's a long walk, are you ok?" Woonhak questioned with a surprised face which was not the reaction that Leehan expected.

"Oh, so you think I'm crazy too?" He whined as tears started forming in his eyes and his face began to turn red

"No! No! Leehan, I don't think you're crazy, come on, don't cry." Woonhak tried to comfort the drunk boy beside him while patting his shoulder but it didn't work.

Leehan continued to cry, hiccuping every two seconds which would just send a wave of alcohol smell every time. The distraught boy was currently drunk and Woonhak couldn't do much about it.

Meanwhile, underneath the covers, Jaehyun was suffocating. He was also upset that he and Woonhak's moment got ruined, a moment that he had been yarning for longer than he could even remember. But If he were to be honest, he doesn't really care if they get caught. Matter of fact he wants to get caught and this could be his chance.

So the elder sneakily stuck his head out after a minute in hopes that Leehan would see him. But when he did he was met with a sleeping Leehan who was perfectly wrapped up in Woonhak's arms. "What when didn't he fall asleep?" Jaehyun scoffed which immediately caught the younger's attention.

"Shh, what are you doing? Get back under." Woonhak panicked, trying to pull the covers back over him.

"Why? He's already asleep." Jaehyun pouted. "And why are you hugging him like that? You're only allowed to hug me like that." He snipped out of jealousy while pulling Woonhak's arm away.

"What are you an insecure asshole too?" Woonhak teased with a cheeky smile which made Jaehyun roll his eyes.

"No..." He sighed as he let go of the younger's arm.

"That's what I thought." Woonhak smiled again before going back to hugging his sad and tired friend.

"That's what I thought~" Jaehyun mocked him before trying to join the cuddle, which obviously didn't go well with Woonhak.

After a while of Woonhak trying to convince Jaehyun to leave, the elder finally slipped away without sound. It was a close call but he made it back to his dorm without being assassinated by Leehan, somehow.

And although Jaehyun would have liked the night to go a little differently, especially after the long day he had, he was still happy he got to spend some time with Woonhak nonetheless.

---✿---

ac: OMG I'm sorry guys, I know it's been a minute but I'm back!! 😅