Глава 4 (1/?)

Yoo Sangah's screams echoed through the dark alley as she struggled to break free from Han Myungoh's grasp. Her desperate pleas for help filled the air, "Let me go! Let go! Dokja-ssi! Dokja-ssi!"

She wanted to help, she didn't want to be dragged like this.

Akutagawa found himself being suddenly dragged away by Kim Namwoon, even though he was just fighting off the zombies that had suddenly appeared, clearly ignoring the scenario. "Namwoon, let me go! This instant!" Akutagawa yelled, but his pleas fell on deaf ears as Kim Namwoon's grip only tightened.

To make matters worse, Akutagawa's ability, Rashomon, was suddenly disabled. How? What?

He was so confused.

He was just fighting the zombies.

Just now, he saw how their heads were flying off and their disgusting blood splattering on the ground, everywhere.

Why?

He wasn't exhausted, and he had used it countless times before as a member of the Port Mafia.

"No way! I'm sorry, but I am not letting you kill those damned, hideous zombies anymore. You could have died easily!" Kim Namwoon yells to him as he frowns at how light Akutagawa seems to be in his hold. Although Kim Namwoon's shout to Akutagawa was quite quick and it made him unsure. He shook his head, not concentrating on such and instead on the crisis ahead.

But, seeing how pale he was... Can he say he is surprised?

He can't focus on that.

"We can't leave him, stop, Namwoon-" Akutagawa shouted back, ready to let Rashomon out any second, but he was coughing in his hand so much he almost let himself get carried.

Almost.

He didn't miss the fact they crossed half of the destroyed bridge already.

Fuck.

Or more.

By the time he got set down, he was with Han Myungoh, Yoo Sangah, and the others.

Kim Namwoon looked back, but he couldn't see anything.

Just like everyone else.

"You... Why did you just run off like that?!" Akutagawa stood up and he glared at Han Myungoh, who was trembling.

Akutagawa's frustration boiled over as he confronted Han Myungoh, who had run off while snatching Yoo Sangah so suddenly in a panic. He couldn't believe his eyes as he watched him trembling like a leaf.

He completely left Kim Dokja.

Did he intend that?

Weak. Ass. Bastard.

Akutagawa wore a scowl on his face as he spoke in an agitated tone, "We could have done something, but you ran off like some sort of weakling!" He was looking towards Han Myungoh, and his glare was harder than before.

Kim Namwoon didn't know what to say, or if he should exactly speak up. He wanted to, but it was also his fault for dragging Akutagawa to everyone else.

Should he have done that?

He didn't know.

"Akutagawa-ssi... Akutagawa-ssi, please calm down," Yoo Sangah said, looking worriedly at him and then at the barrier that separated them from Kim Dokja.

"Akutagawa-nim, let's calm down," Lee Hyunsung sighed. "We don't know what happened there... We have to keep hope that he will return." Although it was obvious he was also worried. It was evident. Too evident.

Akutagawa shook his head.

He coughed into his hand, a few times more again and again. He coughed up more than usual ever since he came here.

His throat was dry and scratchy, and he felt a twinge of pain shoot through his chest. He knew he needed to take a deep breath and calm down, but it was easier said than done.

Finally, he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, trying to clear his mind of the negative thoughts that were swirling around in his head.

He stayed silent.

[The Constellation 'Opposing Twin Forces' is silently giggling at the situation]

[The Constellation 'Opposing Twin Forces' wishes to know what will happen next]

[100 coins have been sponsored]

Meanwhile, despite the worries from the other side and the cowardice of Myungoh, Kim Dokja was being held in a tight grip around his neck by none other, than the protagonist himself, Yoo Jonghyuk.

Yoo Jonghyuk , protagonist of the novel Three Ways to Survive in a Ruined World.

"Yoo Jonghyuk."

"I will tell you two things first."

"...What?"

"One, I'm not your subordinate. So I hope you will treat me fairly from now on."

"..."

"Two, I will cooperate with you but you also have to promise to cooperate with me."

"Well, what is your answer?"

"Get your hand off me and get lost, you damn jerk."

Then the power holding Kim Dokja vanished. He was held by the force of gravity. Kim Dokja could only look into Yoo Jonghyuk's face as he was falling down the river. Yoo Jonghyuk was smiling brightly like something made him happy.

Son of a bitch. Most definitely.

"I believe you. You are definitely a prophet."

Waiting for Kim Dokja was the mouth of the giant sea commander.

[You have failed to clear the scenario.]

That was the thing that showed on screen for Dokja. 

/

Notes : 

Would me doing short chapters satisfy you all so I could continue updating frequently? Please let me know... Or, I could do long chapters. Would you like descriptive, long, detailed ones? Or these simple ones I can quickly type on my laptop?

I will probably rename and redo Akutagawa's character List, by the way. And also, thank you to the reader who pointed out the fact that akutagawa had the skill Kim Dokja has where the pop ups show how a character trusted them more, etc etc. It is not his skill but I forgot I should have not added that.

This was short mainly because it was rushed, and I felt like asking if you guys want short chapters.

There are many things to correct in this story, and I completely forgot how I wanted this to go, but it is fine.

Thank you all for reading this! I'll try to write another chapter this weekend unless studying preoccupies me.