Chapter 17: What A Plot Twist You Were

Start from the beginning

"Okay. Just go to sleep I'll go outside, you've been sleeping outside your blanket for two nights. You have rigorous rehearsals, it must be exhausting," he turns to leave.

"Aye just get on the fucking bed and let me go back to sleep already, alright? Whatever you are thinking can wait tomorrow," I sighed, turning away from Ayan's side of the bed, trying to go back to sleep. Hyper aware of the pretty man who hesitantly slipped back into the bed, trying to stay as far away from me as possible. Damn it, even now my hands are itching to reach out to him and pull him close to me. I balled my hand on my pillow, stopping from making a fool of myself over Ayan again.

When I woke up, Ayan was gone and Nick had enthusiastically told me the sumptuous breakfast in front of us was prepared by Ayan. When I went back to take a shower, I saw a sticky note neatly attached to the mirror:

Sand, I'm sorry. I love you. I refilled your bathroom necessities for you, you must have been busy not to have noticed that your shaving cream is almost out.

I yanked off the note wanting to throw it away but changed my mind and gently dropped it in the drawer.

During rehearsals a food delivery came for lunch. It was from a well known restaurant and all the note attached said was: Sand, I hope you have a good rehearsal, I'm sorry and I love you. A

Ben the guitarist had stolen the note I was holding and started teasing me about having a fight with my girlfriend. Saying how lucky they are to have benefited from the food she sent to make up. God, he'd be really surprised to know the food is from the CEO he always complains to me about. Ben is, like most in the company, always agitated and scared when Ayan is around.

I pushed the note into my jeans pocket and told everyone to enjoy the food. As we were eating, Beth finally said something: "Sand I don't like meddling into your personal life but I don't want you getting in trouble with our CEO again so soon after that scandal with Vi. I hope you're more careful about going out in public with whoever is trying to woo you."

Laughing because it's the CEO himself bringing me trouble, "don't worry about it Beth. It's not like that." Opting to not discuss in detail my current situation with Ayan. The next three days, Ayan sent food everyday with a note that always says I love you and I'm sorry. My heart is almost weak but I had not responded nor thanked him for the food he had sent.

The day of the concert finally came, it was nerve racking and I had been unable to sleep last night. I drove to Ayan's house and stared at his room, debating between going to him and holding on to my resolve. Finally going home at dawn, I slept very pitifully, tossing and turning.

I was in the dressing room, getting my hair and make up done, when a gift arrived. Beth was mad because she said no one is allowed to send something inside until the concert is done, just to prevent any incident, but the delivery guy said it was from the CEO. So Beth immediately let him through and she looked at me, confused and startled.

"Sand, can you tell me the truth, just what is your personal relationship with Khun Ayan?" Beth leveled me with a serious gaze.

I did not comment, instead my attention was immediately drawn to the present sent by Ayan. I gasped when my eyes landed on the guitar case. This is a very expensive brand. Immediately opening it, I was very surprised to find a midnight blue guitar with my name and a sun. This must have been very costly because Ayan also got it personalized.

The large sunflower bouquet made me smile, remembering how he had told me once I reminded him of a sunflower. Always bright and shining. Picking up the card, it read:

My love Sand, a talented musician like you deserves the best guitar around. I added the sun so you'll think of me-- Ray who you met as a musician who truly had seen just how good you are. I'm so proud of you and you will be awesome out there. Break a leg my gorgeous Rockstar. I love you. A