Chapter 3: Ripples

Start from the beginning

Both you and tara laughed.

Tara:
          Well, that's it for today. Wanna grab a bite to eat?

You and Tara walk out of the Hunters Association. Not too far away, In the heart of Linkon, is Azure Square. Mini drones equipped with 360-degree eyes - infrared sensors designed to monitor Wanderer activity - patrol the sky. Today's Linkon is nothing like the one that was attacked fourteen years ago.

After you and Tara grab a quick snack, you decided to walk around the square, relaxing out minds after a busy day.

Y/N:
          So you admire Captain Jenna because she saved you? Is that right?

Both of you stroll pat the trees lining the path before sitting down on a bench near the square's monument. Her eyes light up as she excitedly shares her past from over a decade ago.

Tara:
          . . . And just like that, the Wanderer was gone! Poof! Disappeared into thin air! After escorting me to a safe place by the road, she said, "You're safe now. Go home." Aaaahhhh! That's what we call max level of security!

Tara seems completely engrossed in her tale. Then she turns to look at you, suddenly serious.

Tara:
          So yes, as you can see, I became a hunter to follow in Captain Jenna's footsteps. I want to be as badass as she is - to be her equal and fight alongside her.

Y/N:
          One day, you'll be able to achieve your dream.

Tara:
          Oh, I've just been rambling on. What about you? Why did you become a hunter?

Y/N:
           Me? Well . . .

Under the clear sky, Azure Square is lively. You looked away, and as far as your eyes can see, the horizon is painted by the gold of the setting sun.

[ Flashback ]

You still remember that from fourteen years ago. It was also in a lively evening. The roars of Wanderes, like a flood, drowned out the screams and cries for help. You sprint through the street covered in rubble, not even knowing what monster is chasing you. Until a sharp pain pierces you and burrows itself into your heart. A makeshift shelter made of the remains of collapsed buildings is within sight. Trembling, you mustered all the strength you have and crawl towards it Amidst the dirt and gloom, a small seedling breaks through the soil.

Y/N:
          If I survive this, I don't want to be anyone's prey. I don't want to only run when there's danger . . .

[ End of Flashback ]

Tara:
          Looks like you're reminiscing about something from a looooong time ago.

Y/N:
          That's amazing. You can tell fortunes and read others people's expressions.

Tara:
           Yeah, I can see you're anxious but also full of anticipation.

Mr. Guidey ( the drone ) :
          This is a very important symbol for Linkon City! Mr. Guidey welcomes you to Azure Square! Here the past and future coexist! The old and new mingle together seamlessly! This is the charm of Linkon, the City of Innovation! Wow!

Tara:
          Ahhh.it's sooooo noisy, like a kid who's constantly shouting.

Mr. Guidey ( the drone ) :
          Tide Street is hosting a marine-themed exhibition! Follow me . . .