Chapter 2: Reunions and Reveals

En başından başla

"Hm? Oh! You read the morning papers in your part of the world, didn't you? Yes, my son is fine, but I do wish he tried a more civil approach with his methods" the professor explained with a sigh, "I understand he enjoys working for Interpol, but he shouldn't have done this again. But I am surprised you only read the paper. I thought I told Alfendi to at least inform your other attorney about this. Did she not?"

I slowly turned to Athena who only shrugged in reply before admitting, "To be honest, Simon and I thought it would be best if very little knew what happened to Alfendi. He and his brother are a chaotic being that will get what they want in the end, more or less. Though, sorry boss. I wanted to tell you, but Simon also wanted to ask the chief prosecutor if it was ok for us to"

Personally, I feel like I should've known and be one of the few individuals to know about this! Also, how is Miles the first to know before me? I met the professor first!

"Oh, dear. I knew I should've told you at least, Phoenix" Professor Layton spoke in a dismayed tone, "But my son is fine. He and his partner are currently handling a dangerous case. I wouldn't worry about it for now. If anything else were to happen, I will personally inform you and Chief Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth about this. How does that sound, my friend?"

Leave it to the professor to be the one who can smooth anything over in the ways of a gentleman.

"Thanks professor. I do appreciate it" I confessed until Athena let out another yell, startling the professor too, "What is it, Athena?"

"Apollo just sent me a text boss" Athena explained quickly and bowing, "Also, sorry about the yell. His flight landed earlier! I have to go!"

She put her jacket on and grabbed a helmet before running out of the office. Well, that was fast. I could hear the professor laugh while Maya giggled at Athena's reaction. To think everything was so peaceful. I am kidding! I am going to be happy to see the kid again along with his brother and Ema too. I do hope nothing happens... Nothing at all.... Sigh, even I know that is a lie. Ok, universe! What could possibly happen when Apollo returns to us? What could it be?!

(Apollo's POV)

California International Airport, Baggage Claim

May 6th, 9:45 AM

I stretched and let out a yawn as I was standing in front of my bags. Well, that was a smooth and straight flight to our friends! I can't believe how quiet it was too! I could do that again!

"I am glad one of us had a nice, long nap on the plane" Ema groaned as she stretched before tripping on her heels to stumble before being caught by my adoptive brother, "Seriously, why are the engines so loud?"

Nahyuta patted her shoulder in a form of comfort as I got a sneaky expression. I cupped my hands around my mouth and took a deep breath in as Ema pointed at me with an accusing expression.

"Oh, don't you dare speak with your "Chords of Steel", Apollo Justice!" Ema snapped as she glared at him, "I barely got any sleep and if even hear your voice rise an octave, I will personally give you falsified tests for your next case! Do I make myself clear, Justice?!"

I raised my hands up, held a very nervous expression, nodded my head and replied meekly, "S-sure thing, Skye. I will not do that. I am so sorry"

Nahyuta only laughed at our exchange until we heard a loud thundering noise and footsteps to see Athena bursting through the doors with an excited expression. I raised my hands up still as she ran towards me, jumped, and tackled me to the floor!

"APOLLO!" she shouted excitedly as Prosecutor Blackquill walked in after his mentor's daughter, "I am so happy to see you! I missed you! Oh, and so did everyone else too! How's it going?!"