movie night...without tyson

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

❝ uh, i don't know lemme ask my ancestors? ❞

DON'T GET Aria wrong. She loved Tyson with every fibre of her being. But a little, tiny, teensy part of her was glad that it was just her and Percy hanging out. The girl rapped on the Jackson's door a few times, overthinking how many knocks was too many. One was too little, two was just right, and three just sounded like you wanted to kill them. She settled for two, and eventually, the yellow door opened, the stunning image of Sally Jackson standing in the doorway. Her hair was put up in a messy bun, and she wore a pink apron with the words BEST MOM written in fine print. 

"I like your apron," Aria complimented, smiling at the gift that Percy had gotten his mom. The last time they had Iris-called, the boy had shown her what he had gotten Sally for her birthday. 

The woman looked down at her outfit, seemingly forgetting she was wearing it. "You're too cute! Come in, come in, Percy's been waiting anxiously," she said, ushering Aria inside. 

"Mom!" Percy called out from his living room, the son of Poseidon instantly jumping up to greet Aria. 

Sally shrugged, heading back to the kitchen with her lovely apron. 

"Hi," Aria greeted, standing awkwardly in the middle of the room. 

Percy smiled. "Hi. Want me to take your bag?" 

"You gonna rob me?"

"What! No! I was trying to be a gentleman," Percy exclaimed, not catching on to Aria's sarcasm. 

Aria smirked, pulling her backpack off her shoulder. "Since when have you been a gentleman?" 

"Since always."

"Right..." 

Percy surveyed her backpack as if he had x-ray vision, eyes narrowed, brows furrowed. 

"What's in the bag?" he asked. 

Aria unzipped the top and pulled out a container. 

"I made some stuff for Sally," she said, popping the lid to show an assortment of blue cookies and miniature cakes. 

Percy's smile got even wider at the sight of the blue food. "She'll love this."

"She better," Aria mumbled. "The icing took off fifty years of my life."

The girl put the lid back on, stuffing the food back down into her backpack. She would give it to Sally later. 

"So...high school musical?" Percy asked, leading her to where his TV was, the movie already up and ready to play. 

Snacks lined the coffee table, an assortment of blue and yellow food. Aria guessed this was Mrs Jackson's magic, and she gratefully sent a smile to the kitchen. 

"Wow, Jackson," Aria said. "You went full out."

Percy plopped down onto the couch, throwing his head back in a sigh. "We're still going with this whole 'Jackson' thing? I thought we were somewhat friends!" 

Aria gave him a toothy grin. "When I call you by your first name in a non-serious or non-dangerous situation, then you'll know I like you." 

He huffed. "Fine. But I still don't understand one thing."

"You don't understand a lot of things. You're stupid."

He shot her a side eye, curling his lips up at her comment. "Why is your last name Silvers?"

"Uhhh, I don't know, lemme go ask my ancestors?"

"Like you're the daughter of Apollo. It should be Golden or some shit," Percy said.

"Why's your last name Jackson? Shouldn't it be Jackass or some shit," Aria retorted, sitting down next to him on the couch. 

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"I will throw this popcorn in your face," Percy threatened, lifting up the bowl of food, shaking it menacingly. 

"I will shoot you with a dozen arrows if you do." 

Percy sheepishly put the bowl down. "You have really good aim, I can't fight with that."

"Just play the movie." 

He clicked the play button and the movie began, Aria already bopping her head up and down. 

Halfway through, Sally walked in, taking off her apron and placing it on the coffee table. 

"How's the movie?" she asked, snatching the blue cupcake that was in Percy's hand and taking a bite for herself. 

"I hate it," Percy said, stealing his food back. 

Aria gave him a hard stare. 

"I mean, I love it," Percy corrected, Sally giggling to herself as she walked out of the room.

They continued to watch.

꒰ 🥥 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚

PERCY WAS stressed. Not over exams, or the prophecy, or his mountain of homework he was still yet to do. No. He was stressed over Aria Silver's being in such close proximity that her hair brushed up against his tense arm. Sure, they had gone on two quests together now, fighting monsters and whatnot, but now that she was here, in his house, under normal, non-monster conditions, he wasn't sure what to do. Yes, she was beautiful, yes, he felt a little giddy when she talked to him, no, he didn't have a crush on her. Actually...no. He shook the thought off. He couldn't like Aria. He shouldn't like Aria. 

The girl threw a cookie at his face.

"Jackson!" she exclaimed, snapping her fingers in front of him. "Pay attention. Troy is having an inner crisis!"

Percy could relate to Troy. 

"Why?" he asked. He hadn't been paying much attention.

"Because he doesn't know if he should do singing or basketball," Aria explained, shaking her head at the screen as if this man was real. 

"Poor Troy," Percy said faking sympathy, taking a nibble out of the cookie that was rested on his chest. 

Aria leant back onto the couch, seeping into the cushions, her gaze fixed intently on the screen. "Gabriella is so pretty," she said, admiring the girl who Percy presumed was on the TV.

He wasn't sure though, he was only looking at Aria. 

"Yeah," Percy said. "She is."

His eyes were on her the whole time. 

Fuck. 

He liked Aria Silvers. 

camp notes🪼⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

who clapped

short chap im sorry my children

forgive me 

- gracie