009

Moyann sat at the brunch table with her two closest friends,Draya and mariah. She was ready to tell them everything that transpired from her reuniting with Kenyon in the club to the DNA testing.

"Moyann are you ok?" Mariah asked concerned as moyann was staring off into space.

"Guys there's something I want to tell Y'all." She said Draya placed her glass with the mimosa down leaning closer as Mariah placed her hand over moyann's.

"What's wrong babe? you know you can tell us anything." Mariah said concerned as she noticed moyann changed in demeanor.

"Setty dad wants to be in her life and I don't know how to forgive that motherfucker and I just got a gut feeling he's going fuck up setty's mental by being a dead beat ass daddy." Moyann said.

"Hold up." Draya and moyann said in unison.

"You knew who setty dad is all the time?" Draya asked.

"Yes,you thought I was whoring around?" She asked shocked at her friend's words.

"Girl I don't mean in that way,I just remember you said that with your uncle stuff so i thought." Draya explained remembering their group therapy session where moyann opened up about being molested when younger.

"You thought setty was a grape baby?!?" Moyann asked shocked.

"It happens and you never spoke about dating someone around that time or anything." Draya said in defense of her logic of setty being a child of SA.

"Because the nigga did me dirty but he's back and wants to be apart of setty's life. We did a DNA as he requested and I gave it to him the results are yet to be back." Moyann explained

"I need the story and history of you and home boy before I address this." Mariah said

Moyann began explaining to the girls how they met.

"You lost your vcard later than me." Draya interjected.

"Drayaaaa,Continue moy." Mariah said warning draya.

Moyann continued telling them everything and by the end she was in tears,Mariah wiped her eyes as Draya patted her back.

"Oh my god moy. I had no idea this is what happened and I'll definitely support you not letting his bum ass back in your life." Mariah said as dray nodded in agreement.

"That nigga betrayed your trust. I wouldn't give him one second of my attention but setty is involved and I know your relationship with your dad is strained so you want to break generational curses. Buttt what you choose to do we with it just stand on business with him on your end." Mariah said hugging her again.

Moyann was grateful to have met Draya in college and Mariah on Baddies. Two girls were her rock always supporting and loving to her and setty.

"He got his results back today about setty being his and asked to meet. I told him up here if he really wanted to be in setty life." Moyann said.

"Why not somewhere more private?" Draya asked.

"Reasons." Moyann said.

Moyann watched as Kenyon appeared at the top floor of the lounge. His eyes looking around for her as he took off his sunglasses.

"He's here." Moyann sighed easing out her seat.

Draya and setty looked around to see who.

"WAIT." Draya said a little too loud as people in the venue turned to look at her including Kenyon who immediately spotted moyann and began walking over.

"Hey." He said as he got to the table.

"Hi,Draya and mariah meet setty's dad,kenyon. Kenyon meet your daughter's god mother and second mother." She said introducing Kenyon to the girls.

Draya mouth wide open in disbelief as Mariah blinked more than she should.

"So you were just gon leave out the party that yo baby daddy, is Kenyon hurts?!?" Draya said shocked.

Mariah recuperated from the shock remembering beside of who he was to society he hurt her friend. Mean mugging him.

"Hello." He said smiling.

"Mhmm,Draya come on." Mariah said picking up her glass taking Draya with her,side eyeing Kenyon as she walked away.

"Am surprised you're here." She said bluntly.

"Why?" He asked.

"This is a local establishment,eyes are watching us and well you are, you." She said.

"Look I know you got this messed up ideology of me and how am going to deal with fatherhood. That I am just going to be showing my love with material things and not genuinely like spending time with my baby." He said making moyann realize that his mother had relayed the message to him.

"Yo mama told you that didn't she?" She questioned.

"My mother Is very transparent with me." He said.

"You can't blame me for having that narrative,Kenyon." She said rolling her eyes.

"I have a way I present and carry myself due to my career but that has nothing to do with my personal life. You of all person should know better to judge me from media perspective being judged yourself by them." He said leaning back.

"What is that supposed to mean?!?" She asked sitting up.

"The media has a perspective of you as another hot head wanna be reality star with a BBL,uneducated and ill mannered but I never came to judge you for that because I know better. I know you are smart,beautiful with one of the purest souls , god fearing, wonderful personality and a great mother. So why should you judge me?" He spoke up.

Moyann sighed out realizing she was unfair with her ideology and judgment on what kind of father Kenyon would be to setty.

"Just give me a chance mamas,a nigga really trying fa you and my daughter." He begged leaning closer to her,his approach and words felt like 6 years ago.

"How do you plan to introduce yourself to setty's life?" She questioned.

"Her birthday is the 19 of October right?" He questioned and moyann nodded.

"You throwing her that winnie the pooh party or should I? He questioned.

"So you gon buy your way into her life?" She asked

"Just fulfilling one of my baby's wishes." He shrugged.

Moyann snickered as her face turned into smile. Kenyon smiled as well feeling relieved that moyann was actually letting him in to setty's life.

"We gon drink or ?" He asked her.

"You Chilling here?" She asked him surprised he was staying around.

"Why not chill with my baby mama at her hosting." He said.