△8△

A/N: eh. a good portion of this isn't chan x reader central but it's still lore for the story... Chan goodness next chapter <33

▲▽▲

Y/n walks to the meeting point alone, her skin exposed to the chill air. Outside of Aunt Atsali, Y/n, Luca, and Jake will be the only ones dressed in formal wear for the resting ritual as the oldest grandchildren of Soraya. As omegas, Jake and Y/n's formal wear consists of them bare with jewelry covering their chests and bottom half. She hates it more than anything, especially since she's a female. Her outfit is more revealing. All of her stomach, back, and legs are out. The outfit barely covers the curve of her butt and under her breasts. She feels too many eyes all over her as she approaches her family.

"You ready?" Luca asks.

Out of respect for his sister, he barely gives her a glance over, but he glares at every alpha staring her down. While the omegas' outfits are revealing, the alphas are form-fitting on the bottom, shirtless on top with war paint covering them. She hasn't noticed it until now but her brother's gotten buffer. He really has grown so much. She's proud of the alpha he's becoming.

"I am," she huffs, turning to Jake who's trying and failing to cover himself from the others' prying gaze. She grabs his hand to keep himself from scratching at his skin again. "You okay?"

He nods shortly. "Just ready to get this over with."

Y/n pulls him in for a hug and Jake melts into her embrace with a small whimper. "It's alright. We'll be okay."

"There they are," Luca jerks his head to the side and both omegas pull away from each other.

Four alphas come down the dirt path carrying the wooden pallet coffin and all voices cease to silence. Y/n tells herself not to cry and do the ritual how she knows it's meant to go. The alphas walk past them and Atsali stands by herself in the formation behind the coffin, glancing at the three young adults. Her outfit is much like Y/n's but war paint covers her body and Y/n once again admires her aunt for her strong aura.

Atsali bows before Y/n to acknowledge her place in the ritual and Y/n walks into formation behind her, keeping her chin up and eyes focused. Luca goes next and Jake follows. Seoah, Micha, and Ayana join the rear in a triangular form and then the family is surrounded by an entourage of warriors in honor of Soraya.

They move slowly toward the river with Y/n's family leading the trail. The humming of remorse starts halfway to the river as part of the river and the second Y/n hears the beating of the river waves, she tilts her head back toward the sky and sings with a husky tone, channeling her wolf through her vocal cords.

'Here I sing. Hear my cry.'

Atsali stumbles upon the path, glancing at Y/n with wide eyes at the depth and power of her voice. She remembered Y/n being able to sing but never did she think she'd sound that beautiful. The she-alpha turns around with a rigid back, actively trying to keep herself from crying, and keeps walking.

'Her body dies at dawning hour.'

"F-Fuck," Luca exhales shakily, his voice cracking with emotion as his tears pool over and fall.

'Her soul will trot then run away.'

Jake's shoulders hunch over as he breaks down again, controlling his urge to just run from this bleak reality.

'But here we stay and here we say.'

The entourage and the pack descend upon the riverbank, many wolves whining and crying. Y/n's voice carries through the air with an emotional force so strong that no living soul in the pack can deny her pain or ignore the passion.