▲5▲

▲▽▲

After Chan and Y/n get home, Y/n heads back out to take her grandmother some medicine before she returns home again. Her mother and Aria grill her for information from the village after Chan tells them something happened while they were out. She tells them what happened, word for word completely unaware of Luca overhearing her. After their talk, Y/n gets washed up for bed with a heavy heart and mind and she lays restlessly in her bed.

After an hour of trying, Y/n shrugs out of her nest and heads down to the office to double-check everything she'll need for the trip. As she's working on a few extra salves, the door opens and she glances over her shoulder to find her brother closing the door behind him.

"Oh," she blinks. "Hey, Luca. What are you doing up this late?"

Luca stares at her for a minute before he leans his back against the wall and crosses his arms over his chest, a dark expression covering his face. "Thinking..."

"Okay," Y/n shifts on her chair, putting down the bowl in her hands. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

Luca nods and averts his gaze, eyes darting across the wooden floor, and Y/n waits patiently. "I wanna talk about a few things."

She frowns as worry settles in her chest. "I'm listening."

"I heard your conversation with Ma and Nana," Luca says, hands gripping his biceps.

"Oh," Y/n's shoulders sag. "Lu-"

"What are your feelings toward Chan-hyung?" Luca asks suddenly, finally lifting his gaze to stare intensely into her eyes. "Tell me the truth, Noona. Please, don't lie."

Y/n huffs, clasping her hands together. "I like him... a lot. My omega is enamored with him and it's nothing I've felt before."

Luca nods his head shortly and his scent blossoms intensely through the room. "Okay. Can you do me a favor?"

"Lu-"

"Y/n," Luca shuts her down. "Just answer the question."

"Depends on the favor," Y/n frowns. "Lu, what's going on? What's with the mysterious aura?"

"If you like him, will you try to court him?" Luca asks.

She blinks. "I- That's... That's the favor?"

He nods, eyes stony with a seriousness she's not quite used to seeing in her brother.

Y/n tilts her head. "I mean... I- Luca, why are you asking me to do that?"

"I'm... I'm not always going to be around, you know?" Luca mutters. "And I know you're capable, I do, but I want you protected, and I can't protect you in certain ways. But Chan-hyung can."

"Luca-"

"Seojun is a bad alpha, and he still has his eyes on you for himself and his son," Luca grits, eyes blazing with fury. "And I can't keep you protected from him all of the time and Dad's not here anymore to do it for me... Chan can protect you. I just- I'm asking you to stay with him. Please, Noona. When he finds his pack, go with him. Don't stay here."

Y/n opens her mouth to respond but snaps it shut, not quite sure what to do or say. "I... Okay... I'll try. That's the best that I can promise you."

Luca nods before he uncrosses his arms and saunters up to her, pulling her in for a brief hug. "I talked to Halmoni while I was in the village and the reason I didn't tell you is because she asked me not to."