△6△

▲▽▲

The next morning, Y/n wakes up to a blissfully heavy weight on her chest, a clear head, and a happy omega. She tries to move but doesn't budge an inch and groans, blinking open her eyes as her fingers come in contact with soft curls.

"Morning."

Y/n blinks up at the alpha staring down at her from on top of her chest. "Um... Morning."

Chan chuckles and lifts his head, laying his chin on top of his hands. "Feeling better?"

"Yes actually," Y/n averts her gaze as last night's events flicker through her mind. "I... Sorry that I went all omega on you. That's... a little embarrassing."

He smiles at her. "That's alright. I'm glad that you felt safe enough to drop. It's truly an honor."

She scowls. "Of course, I feel safe around you."

"Oh?" Chan lifts an eyebrow, eyes full of amusement. "Is that so?"

Y/n smacks his shoulder causing him to laugh. "Yah, I'm serious, Channie. I do feel safe with you and that's important to me so... so thank you."

Chan's face is gentle and soft as his eyes dart across her face before his ears start to turn red and he hides his face, scent blossoming out in embarrassment. "Well... I'm glad you feel safe around me."

Y/n laughs as she curls her fingers through her hair. "For as much as you tease, you surely get shy easily."

"Don't make fun!" he exclaims.

Y/n laughs and uses all her strength to shove him over but Chan brings her with him which immediately turns into a small wrestling session... that she loses. Chan laughs at her as she leaves the nest grumbling about stupid alphas and their stupid strength as she ignores the small pool of slick in her underwear or the way her eyes are bright gold with the urge to start a chase.

Y/n makes them breakfast and after they eat, Y/n heads out to grab her cart.

"So what's the plan?" Chan asks as he jogs up to her.

Y/n huffs before she grabs a small pouch full of coins and places it in his hand. "I'm going to sell my stuff and you're going to go find some information on directions back to your pack."

"Oh," Chan blinks. "Wait, you don't have to-"

"They're not gonna give you information for free and you don't have any money on you," she grins. "Don't worry about the cost. Just find information on getting home, okay?"

Chan continues to frown but eventually nods, gripping the pouch tighter. "Alright."

Y/n smiles and leans forward to rub her cheek against his. "Good luck, Channie."

She picks up her cart and walks off without another word and Chan watches her leave as his chest tightens with emotion.

It really is a blessing that he met her of all people. That such an amazing, caring omega saved him.

Chan lifts his gaze toward the sky where he knows the moon is hiding and smiles. "Thank you for Y/n, Moon Goddess... she's truly a gift." He chuckles under his breath, ducking his head as he lightly kicks a rock. "But I'm sure you already knew that."

Chan takes a minute to gather himself before he starts to walk around. The market town is bustling with movement. Vendors getting their places set up and wolves coming from all directions. Luckily, Chan has been to a market town before, so he knows to expect chaos. If this one's like the ones back home, there should be information tents in each cardinal direction, so he sets off east briefly smiling to others as he goes and dodging bodies left and right, wolf and human.