△4△

▲▽▲

It takes them a while to get home but the minute Y/n recognizes them getting close, she howls for help. Luca and, much to her surprise, Jaeyun come running and they stumble into the clearing in surprise.

"What the hell!?" Luca exclaims. "Is that an elk!?"

"Yep," Chan grunts, dropping one of them off his shoulder. "Two of them actually."

"How in the world did you manage that?" Jaeyun asks.

Chan eyes him warily as Y/n drops all of the deer off her and slumps to her knees, entirely too tired to come up with a sarcastic remark. "I remembered seeing them in a certain area while I was traveling to one of the market towns. You know how good my memory is."

Jaeyun hums and eyes their catch. "This... This is going to be entirely too much for us."

Y/n sighs brushing the sweat off her face. "I was afraid of that."

Luca pouts as he crosses his arms over his chest. "You two were trying to outshow me, huh?"

Chan grins, rolling his shoulders. "Depends. How did your hunt go?"

The younger alpha sighs. "Caught a fox."

Y/n wrinkles her nose. "The pups don't eat fox meat."

"I know," Luca huffs, glaring at the ground. "Ma says I'll be eating it on my own."

Y/n chuckles to herself. "I'll take some from you, don't worry."

"Let's get this to the house," Jaeyun huffs. "I'll skin them and we'll figure out what to do with the extra meat."

"What if we took it to the village?" Y/n offers, rubbing her shoulders trying to ease the ache. "I'm sure the family would appreciate some extra meat."

Jaeyun grunts as he picks up an elk. "That'll have to work, shouldn't waste meat."

Y/n goes to pick up the fawns but Chan reaches out and gently pushes her hand away. "I've got it."

"What? No, I can do it," she protests.

"Yah," Chan grabs her hand. "You worked yourself enough today. Look at your hands, Y/n. You're shaking with exhaustion, just take a break. We'll carry them."

Y/n sighs but relents, knowing how tired she truly is.

"Alright," she squeezes his hands. "Thanks."

"I'll take it back to the village for you," Luca offers. "I know you have that trip tomorrow."

"No, it's okay," Y/n waves him off. "I'll just take a little nap as you guys skin them."

Luca sighs but nods. "Alright. Are you heading to the market town by yourself? I'll go with you if you want."

"It's okay," Y/n gesturing toward the other alpha. "Chan offered to go with me."

Jaeyun makes a face at that but bites back a remark. Chan notices and smirks to himself. Goddess, he hates this man. It feels good to piss him off a bit.

Y/n deems the alphas good to carry the animals the rest of the way home so she gets there faster.

"Hey," Jia walks around the corner as she wipes her hands on a towel. "What happened? I heard your howl."

"Oh," Y/n waves her off as she takes off her gear. "We just... we caught too much and it was starting to be a struggle to bring it home."

"Really?" she perks up. "What did you get? Your idiot brother brought home a fox."