"You came to see me," she said quietly, the on your own accord goes unsaid. Riley gives her a short nod, glancing at her girlfriend who looks up at her looking nervous.

"I want you to meet someone very important to me," Riley responds as she takes Layla's hand into her own, giving her a small smile before facing her mother who looks to their glued hands with a knowing smile.

"Meet Layla, my girlfriend."

Girlfriend. Layla's cheeks turned crimson at the mention of the name, and she wondered if her heart would beat so calmly once it changed from girlfriend to wife. Perhaps she was getting ahead of herself by having such thoughts, but she just couldn't help it. The love she felt for Riley was too much for her to contain, too much for her to stay without any form of lawful proof that indicates it's existence.

Mariposa didn't waste time, she moved forward and pulled her daughter-in-law into a tight hug. At first, Layla froze out of shock and panic, but her body soon relaxed and she hugged her back. Riley couldn't stop her smile at the sight.

She had imagined, for far too long, how it would look like to find a partner for herself, one that her mother quickly liked. She never worried about her father's approval, because it never really mattered to her back then, but she always wanted her mother to feel proud of her in every path she chose, every decision she took.

She had played it out in her head many times, but never did she think that it would make her feel so warm, so full and contented. Her life felt complete. Her mother and lover, now talking animatedly as they now sit down on the cold table. Such a beautiful sight. She lets her smile show as she blinks away her tears, knowing very well that now that her mother has found something to bring her joy such as a daughter-in-law telling her about their plans of having a baby, she will now stop fighting her father over getting her out of this prison that has kept her away from her daughter and husband.

.......

"Good morning miss Smith. How are you doing today?" Jennie held the straps of her backpack and smiled at the young man working as her assistance. They were almost the same age, but he refused to address her by her name.

"Hey Billy. I'm doing good. How are you doing today?" She greeted him back, and he gave her a boyish smile that made her smile back at him. He really was a good guy, and an even better employee.

"I'm good. I compiled a list of all the new performers like you asked. There's a lot of them," He replied, handing her a file that she wasted no time in opening.

"There's also the new menu containing old meals and new ones. Our supplier wants you to take a look at it first then give him feedback," he added, referring to the food truck that had soon transformed into a food factory that only supplied food to Jennie's "Art house" as she had named it. Turns out that the money they got by producing mainly for the house, was more than the one they made as an independent food truck.

"I see that list. We have new painters this time, huh?" Jennie asks, raising her eyes for only but a minute to look at Billy who nods at her, before she continues to go through the file.

"They didn't make a fuss about not getting enough working equipment or a huge working space like the last ones," he added, and Jennie couldn't be more grateful.

"Thank Lord," she said, which made Billy laugh. Because although most of her artists were darlings, some where too demanding for her liking.

"I like how this new menu has options for vegans. It was hard having to watch them leave the house to go and look for food elsewhere while others eat here," she added, still going through the file.