Chapter 34: Stone Cold

Start from the beginning

The two drove her home and ensured she got into her apartment safely before they headed home themselves.

When she walked into the hallway of her her apartment, Four walked out from the living room and she broke down yet again, Four immediately hugged her and stayed up until sunrise so she could have someone to take care of her.

Leafy hadn't been back to the hospital since that night, she had been told that Firey would be okay and she had been too scared to see that building again.

Today was the day Firey was being allowed to leave, most of the doctors wanted to keep him for another few days but he managed to convince them that he would be okay and nothing else would happen.

He wasn't supposed to leave by himself, he was meant to be picked up by someone but there was no one to actually do that.

Yes, Firey's parents had been informed of what had happened but Firey couldn't stand the thought of asking them such a big favour after scaring them like that.

Firey lied to the doctors that his parents would collect him near the hospital since parking was pretty pricey and they let him be on his way.

However, Coiny was there, watching a surgery take place and when he heard that Firey had been released he didn't believe anything the hot-head has said.

He couldn't leave though, watching this surgery was a part of his college course and if he missed it, it would have a bad impact on his upcoming exam.

There wouldn't be anyone waiting for Firey and Coiny knew that the dumbass was not in a good place mentally, he needed someone to at least make sure he got home alright.

During a break, Coiny took out his phone and contacted someone who probably wasn't who Firey wanted to see but was definitely who he needed to see.

...

A light snow fell and there was a harshness to the wind, Firey was greatful that Rusty had brought his heavy coat to the hospital, just in case.

Normally, Firey would have given Rusty a call in a situation like this but he was busy with refurbishments for the bar and signing the papers that came with it.

Also, Firey wouldn't know what to say during that car ride and he wouldn't be able to look Rusty in the eyes.

So here he was, walking over a bridge in the city park, the sky dark and looming after the sunset, doing his best to keep out the cold.

His mind was so messed up and empty that it felt almost like he was sleepwalking, physically there but not mentally.

To be honest, he wasn't exactly sure of what he felt, he was... glad he was alive but another part of him still wished he wasn't.

He couldn't remember much of what happened after he chugged the whiskey, it all sort of blurred together in a muffled and messy way.

Flashes would fade in and out, he remembered the lights of the ambulance and the sound of what he guessed was crying, he remembered blood on his hands but he didn't know where it was from but the pain from his head and the tenderness of his nose was a bit of a giveaway.

Another thing he vaguely remembered was being held in a firm hold and hearing faint crying as well as someone pleading with him to "stay with them and be okay".

A familiar smell hit him, he recalled the colour green and running his hand through something soft.

For some reason, something in him, a feeling in his heart made him turn around and look behind him.

Green and soft, the scent of lemons and being held...

Leafy.

Not in his mind, not in his memory, not being made up, Leafy was on the other side of the bridge, stopped in her tracks when her eyes met his.