13. Bol Na Halke Halke.

• Shubman Gill •

I woke up to the sound of laughter. I looked around to see Khyati with Inayat. Khyati was struggling to wear Inayat socks. I got up and took Inayat in my arms and planted a kiss on her cheek to which Khyati smiled.

"Good Morning Khyati. Did you slept well last night?" I asked as Khyati made her wear the socks.

"Good Morning Shub, ya I did. After a whole hectic week." She giggled.

"I can see." She looked up at me and smiled.

"Shubman be here. I'll back in a minute." She said and I nodded.

I sat on the bed with Inayat and played with her, soon her mother came from bathroom. She wore a pure red suit, which I bought for her from Amritsar.

Her faded mehendi with red chooda around her hands, the mangalsutra on her neck, with sindoor in her hair. She looked so much like a rose. She came and applied a bindi and some lipstick on her lips.

She came and took Inayat from me and "Go get freshen up, I have a surprise for you all." said and I nodded. I got up and looked down at her.

She looked so gorgeous I wanted to ask that out loud that how can this gorgeous women can be mine? Ahh.

"Khyati?" She looked up at me. "You look so beautiful." She didn't smiled but I can see the blood rushed up to her cheeks to which they got red. I smiled and went to take a bath.

It's been a week of our marriage and we both have been so busy this week. On the very first day there were hundreds of relatives that came to see Khyati as we didn't invited that much people to our wedding. The first 3 days went like that. Then on the fourth day Khyati went to her house for 2 days. Then on 6 and 7th day. Khyati and I went to Sri Harmandir Sahib to seek blessings from god.

Yesterday evening we fell asleep as soon as we arrived. And then today Khyati have a surprise for us. What it could be? Let's find out. I came out of the washroom and smelled a fragrance. The fragrance is of something like sweet. I immediately got ready and went down stairs.

I saw dad and maa sitting with Inayat in her arms. I went to take her. Inayat jumped in her dadi's lap and came immediately in my arms.

I kissed her cheek and her little hands ruffled my hair.

I looked up and saw Khyati came with tray in her hand. She placed it on the table and then I saw the dish.

"Ohh, Khyati you made halwa?" Maa exclaimed. "Sorry for the delay, brides usually have their pehli rasoi on the very first day so sorry." Khyati said.

Everyone looked at her and she looked at me.

"Khyati, you are such a blessing in our family." Maa got up and hugged her. Everyone is so mesmerised by her. No doubt why they chose her over Anamika.

I sat with Khyati and Inayat. We all except Khyati took the bite of the dish and said "Ummm, it tastes so good." We all said in unison.

Khyati smiled, I made Khyati take ab bite from my hands. She looked at me and said "Sugar kam nhi hai?" "No it's alright." I said.

____

Maa and dad both went to their house which is just next to ours. After they left Khyati went on the room to Inayat to bed for her daily nap.

As I walked in the room I saw Inayat peacefully sleeping and Khyati with her phone. She looked worried, she is not a phone person, she always use phone for urgent work. I sat beside her and "What happened?" asked.

"Nothing." She slammed the phone on bed and got up. I hold her wrist and got up to meet her eyes. They were in tears.

She closed her eyes and looked down. I hold up her chin and tilted up to meet my eyes.

I rubbed away her tears and asked once again "What happened Khyati?" She sighed and went to take her phone. She searched something and gave me the phone.

I looked at the picture that I posted on gram on our wedding day. Many were congratulating us.

"What happened, they all are happy." I said and she shook her head. "Scroll down." She said.

I did and saw many hate comments, they are were all commenting that how can I, Shubman Gill can marry a girl with a child. It was okay for me because I have always faced trolling but then I looked at Khyati. Its all new for her. I scroll down more than I saw people abusing Khyati, and that's when my blood boiled inside me.

Khyati went away and sat on the couch and looked outside. I went and sat in front of her. I held her and pulled her in a hug. She came and rested her head on my chest. Seconds later I felt water droplets on my shirt. I caressed her head and kissed the top of it.

"Khyati, I don't care what people think, they will simply change their opinion when they will observe the reality." I said and she pulled apart.

"What reality Shub? What? There's nothing." She cried and I pulled her again.

"Khyati, they don't know what I feel for you. But they will. You know at first people judge you for everything you do but when they realise, they observe and then they love every action of yours. At first when I was new to cricket, people judged me so much, on my debut. I didn't scored well. And people started trolling me. They even said I should die in a car accident and many other things for my family too. I didn't reacted and look at the world now. people love me. Even at my worst people are still with me and believe in me." She looked up at me.

"I like you, and everybody does who knows you. When people start to know you, they will regret on their words. Stop thinking about them. It's okay." I smiled and hugged her tightly, she nodded in my chest.

"And look who us awake?" I looked at Inayat who was awake and was playing with her hands.

Khyati looked at Inayat and then back at me "Oh god, thank you Shubman!" She said. "Khyati! You don't need to thank me. I am always here." She smiled.