Childhood in the Fire Nation

Kya's pov:

Mai and I sat in the shade under a tree as Azula and Ty Lee did cartwheels in the castle gardens. Azula spoke in an overly sweet way, "Cartwheel with us." Mai was too busy watching Zuko as he passed with the Fire nation's queen instead of responding to her best friend.

"Sure I guess..." I replied as I started getting up.

Azula scoffed, "I want my best friend to play not her cousin she dragged along." I sat backdown and Azula pulled Mai away before she ran over to the Firelady to force Zuko to play her game. I watched as Azula placed an apple on Mai's head, she then shot a small ball of blue fire at Mai, and Zuko pushed Mai into the turtle duck pond.

Azula snickered, "I told you they were love birds, Ty Lee." Zuko stormed off shouting how girls were crazy and he would never play with Azula again. I ran into the castle following Zuko at a safe distance.

Zuko entered a room but looked at me when he was about to close the door, "What do you want?!"

"You shoved Mai into the pond..." I started.

Zuko leaned against the doorframe, "Uh huh and?!"

"I want to get my cousin a towel and it's my first time here." I spoke quickly. Zuko sighed before walking away then tossed a towel at me as he came back to the door.

Zuko stated, "You can give that towel to the servant when you are done drying off." Zuko slammed the door in my face. I walked away not wanting to bother the prince of jerks further. I walked back into the garden Mai was in the sun trying to dry off to no avail and I handed her the towel.

Azula asked mockingly, "Do you have a crush on my brother too?"

"No, I don't and I'm actually going home but Mai can stay if she wants." I smiled and walked away again. I was supposed to stay with Mai at her house but I didn't want so instead I walked to my gran-gran's house she was the only one in the Fire nation that knew I was a waterbender and taught me how to be a master of water.

During the night my gran-gran decided to teach me how to bloodbend, she showed me how to bloodbend a small animal, I refused to bloodbend, and she used bloodbending on me until I gave into learning... After five hours of learning she allowed me to go to bed calling it a night.