Chapter 2: Stranger Danger

Adriana's POV

I can hear the loud EDM music coming from inside a huge house, although I'm still outside and just got out of the car. I panicked when I saw John get out of the car, so I immediately called his name.

"Yes, miss?" he responded.

"Can you just stay here?" I asked. "It's a college party, and it's really embarrassing if they see someone who's old enough to be still having bodyguards and being guarded there."

"But—"

"Promise, I'll call you when something happens. I swear, even if it's just a small inconvenience like someone accidentally bumping me-- I'll let you know," I quickly said, cutting him off.

John once again looked hesitant.

I groaned.

"I swear, I'm gonna keep my phone with me all the time. I also will be going to tell my father that you guys are doing a good job keeping me safe," I added.

The last part is so genuine, though. They're even stricter than my parents sometimes.

"Please call me if anything happens, miss."

"Of course!" I exclaimed happily.

Gosh, finally.

I feel like I'm getting good at pursuing someone. I didn't know I had that in me because I had never done that to my parents in my entire life. I only obey.

I shook the thought off my mind and turned my back to John, and started walking inside the gate of the huge house.

My face lit up when I saw Nate waiting for me. Well, I texted him a while ago that I was already here, and I'm happy that he waited for me.

"Hey," he greeted me as he kissed my left cheek.

I was utterly taken aback by his action, but I just smiled it off.

Maybe he's just really friendly.

Well, the number of people that I can see here right now indicates that he really is.

"Hi," I greeted him back.

"You look really good tonight," he said, but I could hardly understand him because I couldn't really hear him due to the loud music.

"What?" I asked, slightly raising my voice.

"I said you look good!" he said in my ears.

I felt shivers down my spine because of how close he was to me right now, and I could smell alcohol in him. Maybe the party already started almost an hour ago since I was already late, and perhaps that's why he already smelled like alcohol.

I smiled at him, although not really genuine. "Thank you!"

"Let's go!" Nate grabbed my hand and dragged me inside the house before I could even protest.

"Oh, this is Molly," Nate introduced the girl we bumped into while walking inside.

The girl smiled at me. "You're a new face."

I took the opportunity and removed my hand that Nate was still holding so I could wave at Molly.

"Yes, I'm new here," I said as I smiled back at her.

"You're like gorgeous," she enthusiastically said as she studied my face. "B*tch, your beauty is unreal!"

I felt my cheeks heat up at her compliment because it felt like she really meant it and sounded so sweet.