Ep. 1: And Then They Were Eighteen

"Hello? Someone's home?" Benjamin Kirby Tennyson asked as he pushed open the creaking entrance door to his parents' house after returning from an extraordinary journey through outer space.

But there was no answer at all, so he asked again: "Mom? Dad? I'm back."

As the boy searched his home for Mr. and Mrs. Tennyson, he came across a key and a note on the kitchen table that had his name written on it and an address.

Somewhat worried because his calls were not answered, meaning that neither Carl nor Sandra were home, Ben decided to go investigate the address on the note he found. Without wasting another minute, he activated the selection mode of the Omnitrix, firmly but not slamming his hand on the watch, he chose JETRAY.

Soaring the skies, Ben's search took him to a luxurious apartment complex in downtown Bellwood, specifically apartment number ten

Soaring the skies, Ben's search took him to a luxurious apartment complex in downtown Bellwood, specifically apartment number ten. The hero Tennyson stood in his human form in front of the door and had his hand on his watch, with the dial ready to turn into any fighting-fit alien (probably Humungousaur) in case of trouble. However, as soon as he opened the door...

"Surprise!" A cacophony of voices erupted as Ben walked into the opulent apartment.

"Grandpa Max, Kevin, Rook, mom, dad? What's going on?" Ben asked, still confused.

"Today you are one year closer to death!" Blukic, who was hiding behind a flower pot, cried out.

"Blukic! That's not a nice thing to say on the birthday of a race that lives such a short time." Driba rebuked.

"Birthday? Don't tell me today is..." The Omnitrix's wielder exclaimed but cut himself off after spotting the other birthday person.

"Our birthday party, yes it is." The Tennyson girl snapped. "Happy birthday, Ben."

"Gwendolyn! Happy birthday to you too." Ben said while the two Tennyson cousins greeted each other.

"You did call me Gwendolyn and I didn't even have to ask. Who are you and what did you do with Ben?" Gwen joked with a hesitant tone.

"It's important to you, so it's important to me." The young hero's response surprised more than one, not only did it not have the sarcastic connotation of his, but his tone denoted sincerity.

"You're acting all weird, dude. Are we sure it's not Albedo posing like Ben again or something?" His cousin's boyfriend questioned with humor although with a slight suspicion.

"Kevin, brother." Ben greeted as he fist-bumped his former nemesis, now best friend.

"I agree with Kevin, you seem to have grown and I don't just mean physically." Added Ben's faithful companion, Rook Blonko. "Ben, it's lovely to see you again!"

"Rook, how are you, old friend?" Ben responded with an enthusiastic high-five.

"Son," interjected a deep voice whose mere tone exuded wisdom. "You haven't forgotten your old grandfather, have you?"