14 § the day we met again

Beginne am Anfang

I shook my head placing my hand on his shoulder as we mixed in with everyone. Marcel led us around in a circle, as the song turned into jazz, I found myself smiling as he picked up the pace. He grabbed my waist lifting me up and spinning around. "We're doing the same thing?" I laughed, he was repeating the same dance we did a hundred years ago. 

"You know anything else?" I laughed shaking my head. Taking a step back I spun around letting go of him before he pulled me back, a laugh coming out of me as he turned me around my back meeting his front as we turned, I caught Hayley's face as she danced with Jackson, smiling. 

Marcel turned me around laughing, "You spin around now." I said grabbing his hand, he chuckled before leaning down to match my height and spin, I laughed gasping when he picked me up to spin fast around together. 

The song ended as my head spun. I placed my hands on his chest shaking my head. "Thank you." I whispered looking up at him. My phone, that was on his pocked buzzed, I picked it up reading Kol's name calling just as Klaus walked downstairs with Hope. I caught a glimpse of Elijah walking down the stairs, his head raised the second I turned around. "I have to go." Marcel asked me what's wrong but I had no time to answer. 

"Kol! Where are you?" I asked, there was a pause on the other end. 

"I've run out of time Emy," I frowned, "I'm at the cemetery, I'm okay I'm with Davina, I just... wanted to say, you have been a true sister Em, I'm glad I knew you." 

"No Kol listen, wait, all right? Stay there, I will come to---" He hung up before I could finish. I breathed quickly, panic almost taking over me. All Kol ever wanted was to have his family care. To be a part of them. 

He was going to die, believing he was alone. 

I didn't think twice before turning around and walking inside. "Klaus!" I walked in front of him as everyone went quiet, he'd just finished making his toast. Rebekah looked at me concerned. "It's Kol, we have---" 

the breath in my lungs turned into ice as my eyes met with the third person next to them. 

Elijah's eyes widened, as he took a step back, I stopped, 

time stopped, 

everything stopped. 

I could do nothing but stare at him. He wasn't moving, I was pretty sure he wasn't breathing either. 

He shook his head lightly. Raised his hand, almost like trying to say something. Klaus looked from him, to me. 

"We-- we have to go." I don't know where the will to speak came from. 

I don't know how my legs were keeping me up at this point. 

I felt the tears at the back of my eyes as a wake up call to look somewhere else, anywhere else. 

Rebekah was looking at me like I had a bomb strapped to my chest. Gulping, I reminded myself to walk back to reality. "We don't have time. He's not gonna last the night." I spoke before turning around and leaving, avoiding everything and anyone, the world would go on, but Kol couldn't right now. 

"Always and forever is not something you weasel out of, brother." Klaus walked to Kol putting a hand in his shoulder. I tried to smile at him but I could just feel the tears ready to spill. 

Kol limped at me, throwing his hands around in embrace, we led him to Davina's crypt. "Listen to me Kol." I said trying to keep the tears back, but failing. He fell down as I tried to protect his head, "You're going to die," he half grunted half scoffed. "but you're going to die a witch, and Davina will consecrate you body." He looked up at me with so much hope.