2 § something only we know

I stared in front of me at Rose, who kept drinking like her skin was on fire. She showed up at the house last night, much to my dislike. I had an irky feeling about her. She annoyed me. She, and her fear, she reeked of it. I could smell it on her. And the fact that she broke my neck. 

"You're staring again." she said to me as we waited for Elena.

"Just thinking of all the different ways I can kill you right now." I said raising my glass to hers.

"You." Elena walked in dramatically, as usual, while Rose just awkwardly smiled.

"So, now you're going to tell us what you know?" I said ready to be done with. I'd been waiting around all morning. I needed to drink. Blood. Like right now. It was the only thing to calm the boiling on my veins. 

"You have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years. And I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But, Klaus, I know he's real."

"Who is he?" Elena asked.

"One of the originals. He's a legend." said Damon. The name sounded familiar to me, but I couldn't place where I'd heard it before. 

"Like Elijah?" Elena asked.

"No, Elijah was the easter bunny compared to Klaus." I frowned. "He's a foot soldier, Klaus is the real deal."

"Somehow I doubt that." I said widening my eyes as I poured another glass of bourbon. The man cut Trevor's head with his palm. Easter bunny was underrating. 

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." explained Stefan.

"Why haven't I heard of them before?" I asked confused how they knew so much.

"Maybe a hundred years in a crypt kept you out of the loop." I glared at Damon.

"So you're saying the oldest vampire in the history of the world is coming after me?" asked Elena making me scoff.

"Pretty much." I added pouring another glass of bourbon while Stefan and Damon came to the conclusion of 'a maybe' trying to comfort Elena.

"Klaus is real! And he's dangerous. If he wants something he gets it. And if you're not afraid of him, then you're an idiot." I widened my eyes mockingly as Rose looked at me.

"All right we're shaking." said Damon sarcastically.

"Just like Trevor." I added making everyone quiet. "Right before Elijah tore his head off with his hand. You should've seen him, shaking like a wet chicken." Rose gulped looking at me.

"You're always this insensitive?" she asked her eyes filling with tears. I only smiled at her.

"Just to those who snap my neck, repeatedly."

"Emily." Stefan said pointedly. I raised my arms in defeat. 

"Did you know Elijah called me, Emilia." He frowned, worry crossing his face, "I guess you didn't tell them that." I said to Rose.

"What do you mean, called you Emilia?" Said Damon now curious.

"As in, he recognised me. He wanted the girls. Why is that, all-knowing-Rose?" The old name has stuck with me throughout last night and this morning. Haunting me just like Elijah's familiar face. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. It was an itch I couldn't scratch. 

"I don't know. I'd never heard of you before." I smiled at her humming finally done with all their problems becoming my own. I'd offered to give a poor girl a ride home, and I'd almost been killed and kidnapped by some original in the process.