𝟬𝟭𝟳. paid

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
017. paid
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

so... we're diving straight into the trauma...
TW: MENTIONS OF FORCED PROSTITUTION AND RAPE,       IMPLIED RAPE [THERES NO EXPLICIT DESCRIPTION OF RAPE BUT ITS CLEARLY IMPLIED]

lyra firmly believed that there was a bright side to every situation and  usually that bright side was finnick. she fell over a rock into the sea when she was younger and ruined her favourite dress but she met finnick. she couldn't eat for days but she managed to send finnick some food in the arena. she was forced into the hunger games, but she knew how finnick was feeling now.

but there was no bright side anymore. because to lyra, there was no finnick. and while the man usually thought of lyra as his sunshine, he was hers. he was her smile.

"johanna" she said "do you think it'll be okay?" she asked, tracing shapes on the floor of the cell. a question to which the woman replied  with a blunt 'no' as she walked around the edge of the small room. "i think it'll be fine. everything works out in the end" lyra heard johanna stop in her tracks.

"lyra, do you-" she got cut off by the surprisingly loud sound of air decompressing. the door was opening. "lyra, don't say-" she got interrupted once again but this time by a peacekeeper dragging lyra out. causing her to let out a small scream of shock. "lyra!" johanna yelled, trying to see her through the gap in the wall. the commotion was useless as no one seemed to care how the girls felt about what was happening.

                               ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"johanna johanna johanna finnick finnick finnick johanna johanna johanna finnick finnick finnick johanna johanna johanna finnick finnick finnick"

lyra needed to remember what she could. the nice woman called johanna and the man she told her about. finnick. she couldn't forget because if she did she'd have nothing again. she had been practically thrown into a small room before the two tall figures had marched away leaving her in an eerie silence.

nothing happened for a while and lyra was beginning to wonder if they'd just left her to starve and die in the dark, heavily, dark wood furnished room. that was, until the two people in strange suits who'd taken her into the room came back. they loudly ordered her to put on a dress while throwing the piece of clothing at her feet. the blonde looked at it with confusion, relatively sure this wasn't normal behaviour.

nevertheless, she was much to scared to stand up to them and so she quickly changed and left her clothes folded on one of the chairs in the room.

                              ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

lyra walked [more like was dragged] into an even fancier looking room than the one she was made to change in. as soon as she walked in, the faint smell of blood filled her senses and she immediately focused on an old man sat at a large wooden desk.

"please" he spoke up, looking up from his desk "sit, miss bell" lyra obeyed, sitting down and listening as he began introducing himself, speaking about needing her help and other details about things she didn't care to know about and had no recollection of. nothing caught her attention until he began speaking to rebels, the word sparking something in her mind. "the rebels are coming closer and closer to bringing down the intricate system i've built, lyra. can you imagine such a civilised society being destroyed because of berries?" he questioned. lyra had no clue as to what he was on about but got the hint that he wasn't happy about it "and i need your help to stop them. to stop katniss, haymitch, beetee. to stop finnick" the blonde don't like how he was speaking to her like she was a child.

love is weird. even though lyra's memories of finnick had faded to nothing, the mere idea of doing something against him felt wrong. she couldn't fathom the idea of working with someone to stop him from doing what he must've thought was right. and so she took a deep breath and spoke a few words that would unknowingly make her stay at the capitol that more excruciating. "must be a fragile system if it can be brought down by just a few berries"

the remark seemed to infuriate the man whose name lyra had already forgotten, as he clenched his jaw from the adjacent side of the desk and nodded to the other men in strange suits who were standing back from the scene. at the motion, they jumped into action, matching forward and dragging lyra out of her seat. "you've done this to yourself, lyra" he shouted across the room while she got dragged from the office.

she'd assumed she was being taken back to her cell but her mind was quickly changed when she was taken down an unfamiliar hallway. at least she thought it was unfamiliar. at the end of the hallway was a tall doorway with a heavy wooden door. the door was opened after one of the peacekeepers had unlocked it and she was shoved inside before the door was shut and locked again.

the blonde woman thought she was alone until a man sitting on the big, double bed in the center of the room caught her attention. "hello" he greeted the frigid young girl who was practically shaking at that point "what's your name?"

"l-" her voice got caught in her throat as she tried to reluctantly answer the question "lyra"

"hello lyra" he smiled a smile that cause an overwhelming feeling of dread settle in the pot of lyra's stomach. "please, come and sit" he patted the spot next to him on the bed.

"no thank you"

"sit" he ordered much harsher than his initial request "i paid good money for this" the next hour was a blur to lyra.

"no, please no"

"i don't want to!"

"st-stop it"

"please stop it!"

"i don't want- i- i don't"

───── authors note !
so... yeah...

if this in ANY way effected your mental health, please please please don't read ahead as it doesn't get any better for a few chapters! i hope no ones too mad at me 💗

please comment and vote 🫶🏻

byeeeeeeee <333