𝟬𝟭𝟯. green

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
013. green
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

a huge wave crashed through the segment opposite the segment the trio resided in, making them all watch intently. when the burst of water reached their feet, Katniss turned her head suddenly, pulling out an arrow. "someone's here" she alerted.

Finnick was expecting a fight, one that he was likely not ready for considering all that was going through his mind was how Lyra was probably dead. they hadn't heard a cannon but through all of the commotion would they have heard one of it did go off.

but when he turned to see what they were up against, the district 4 victor saw a sight he didn't think he'd be seeing again. Lyra. his Lyra. alive and relatively okay by the looks of it.

"Lyra!" he yelled out desperately. Lyra remained as oblivious as ever until tim he yelled once again. "Lyra, Sweetheart!"

the blonde turned her head abruptly, her name catching her attention. "Finnick?!" she replied, seeing his relived face as he approached her quickly. his body basically crashed into hers, arms lapping tightly around her waist and lifting her from the ground. "whoa, i'm- I'm covered in blood" lyra protested, meanwhile not loosening her hold around finnicks neck.

"is it yours?" he worried slightly, not knowing if he was hurting her.

"no"

"then i don't care" he mumbled taking deep breaths into Lyras blonde hair "god i don't care" the second time he spoke, there was an unmistakable wavering in his voice and when he pulled away to cup her face, Finnicks eyes were filled with worried tears. "i- i thought you were dead"

Lyra let out a tearful laugh, the realisation of how worried she was hitting her like a truck "you're very quick to assume people are dead, Finn"

"i know, it's a bad habit"

the pair stared at each other for a while before finnick leant forward quickly and kissed her hard. one hand on the back of her head and one of the small of her back, finnick leant forward so that lyras naval was arched into him. the woman let out a small squeak of surprise, kissing back soon after.

after the couple separated, lyra was the first to speak "they're green" she whispered with a small smile.

"what?" finnicks eyebrows were furrowed with confusion.

"never mind"

───── authors note !
Hey loves! so the reason this chapter is so short is because the next one is going to be quite long because it's going to be the rest of 'catching fire'... i hope.

then the book is going to be marked as completed. i'm a bit off hunger games atm but i will come back and do mockingjay part 1 and 2 in a different book.

love you all! please comment and vote and ill see you next chapter <33333