"You gon be good, I promise you" I replied as we pulled from the hug and we headed back towards the building. As soon as we made our way back to everyone, Derek approached us, his clothes hangin off him sloppily, he was drunk. A drunk I ain't never seen him be before. He rested a arm around Noelle's shoulder, "Thank you fo-for defending Ayva." He slurred, getting a laugh from Noelle. She wrapped an arm around him, giving him a small side hug, "She said you're selfish, b-but I don't think so" Derek confessed.

I could see a glint of shock and sadness fill her eyes as she faked a small smile, my eyes widening at his words, "Aight, let's go this way" I grabbed my brother, leading him away from Noelle. I looked over my shoulder at her as she sat down in one of the chairs in front of the stage, she looked a lil hurt. Ion know what family issues they got going on but I find it hard to believe that she could be selfish.

I sat my brother down on one of the loungers, "You need some water, you gotta sober up" I spoke. He tissed his lips, "I'm cool, I'm getting married tomorrow, it's a celebration nigga" he replied slightly slurring his words. Derek is a chill ass business man, he kept his'self composed and polished most of the time, don't really talk like a nigga, that's how I knew he was drunk, he had a lil more substance when he was under the influence, he a square any other day of the week. I laughed at his loose words, "Nah, you need to sober up some man, Ayva gon have a hard time tryna carry yo big ass outta here" I advised.

"I really love Ayva... Don't tell her I said this, but I like when she give me attitude and act like a lil brat" he gave a goofy grin, making me smile at how whipped he was, but in a good way. "I can tell, she got'cho ass whipped nigga" I laughed, causing him to laugh. He looked at me, "You like her sister?" He asked, a smirk on his amused face. The nigga also blunt when he drunk, he say exactly what's on his mind when any other time, he keep that shit to himself and go about his day. If it ain't about his family, his girl, or his business, he don't give a damn.

I looked at him then glanced in Noelle's direction, catching a glimpse of her mid laugh with Keith, Aria, Ayva, and my cousin Derion, one of Derek groomsmen. "I think you hurt her feelins man" I noted, looking back at him, sitting up, manspread. "Aw shit, what I do?" He slurred. I could tell it wasn't his intention, he was just telling her how he felt and brought up a fact that ain't need to be brought up, but he was drunk so I wasn't gon jump down his throat about it. "Ayva really called her selfish?" I questioned, turning my head to look at him. "Yeah man, she said something about her moving away and leavin her with they parents while she was in a dark place" he replied.

I thought carefully, "Did she have a reason?" I poked for more answers. He shrugged, looking at me, "She had a baby or some like that" He shrugged again. When I looked back up, Ayva was nearing us. I sighed standing up as she came closer and Derek embraced her, kissing all over her face making her giggle. "Im finna go get him some water or else you gon have to carry him out on yo back" I said watching them with a smile on my face. He mocked me with his lips and flipped me off as Ayva swatted at his hand, his other arm wrapped around her neck as her back was pressed against his chest, "Aye bitch, you gon be thanking me in the morning for hydrating yo ass" I replied, pointing a finger at him as we all laughed.

I made a pit stop to Aria, Keith and Noelle at their table, catching the tail end of their conversation as they stood up, getting ready to leave, "Y'all headin out?" I asked like a grandpa. Aria stretched out her body, arms in the air, Noelle stood across from her, as Keith made his way to me, "Yeah, gotta get the kid tucked in for the night, she ready for bed" he joked, patting his little sister on the back as she swatted his hand and punched his arm in reply. He dabbed me up and I gave Aria a side hug and Noelle a full hug, "Thank you for talking to me, you put some things into perspective for me" she spoke as I nodded my head proudly, a smile on my face, "Any time" I replied. "Y'all be safe" I added as we all went our separate ways.