𝟕

Angelica's heart beat increased in speed as her phone began to display Brady's face, and he was smiling at his phone, clicking his keyboard fast as she could hear faint shooting noises coming from his computer.

Angelica giggled, moving her hair out of her face. "Are you seriously playing fortnite?"

He looked back at his phone, and grinned wildly at her. "Hell yeah, gotta keep that grind up." He joked, making Angelica smile.

"We should play together! I'm so good," Angelica told him, making him look at the camera, stopping what he was doing.

As they kept talking, Angelica's nerves slowly washed away as their conversation continued. She felt comfortable with Brady, like there wasn't really anything to be so worried about, and maybe it was time for her to start getting comfortable with talking to him. It had been just about a week and a half since they first began texting each other, and she wasn't one hundred percent sure as to why she was so nervous around him.

"And, my friends Mark and Asher would definitely want to play with you. They keep talking about how they could totally beat you in a 1v1." She told Brady, and Brady's eyebrows raised in amusement.

"That's what Walker said too, and I destroyed him." Brady answered. Angelica laughed, and looked over at Tracie who was smiling widely, obviously eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Not gonna lie, I could beat you too." Angelica shrugged, making Brady's eyes go wide in shock, and he immediately stopped tapping at his keyboard and looked at his phone.

"No way you could. I'm actually the best Fortnite player to exist." He told her.

She smiled at her phone, staying silent, and Brady stayed quiet too. Oddly, it was a comfortable silence that she could tell neither of them minded. It just seemed as if they were compatible, even if they had previously known nothing about each other. Sure, they just spent the past half hour talking about Fortnite, but she felt a lot less jittery and nervous talking to Brady now that they had a normal conversation.

Angelica looked back at Tracie, who motioned that their dinner was made and ready, so she picked up her phone and put her face in frame.

"Brady, I have to go but this was really fun," she told him, brushing some hair out of her face, trying to draw attention away from how annoyingly red it was."D- Would you maybe wanna talk again sometime?"

Brady's genuine smile quickly turned into a smug smirk that made her stomach all loopy, and her cheeks burned slightly at his face.

"Alright. See you, angel." He said, before swiftly ending the call, giving her no time to react to what he had just said to her.

"Did he just call you Angel?" Tracie asked, her jaw practically on the ground.

"Yes." She groaned. "So this is his designated nickname for me?"

"I think it's cute," Tracie told her, pouring the Mac n Cheese into the bowl. "I mean, you two are probably the most 10 things I hate about you people I've ever seen."

"What? That doesn't even make sense!" Angelica denied, grabbing two forks from the cabinet and began eating.

"Yes it does! The overconfident dude who doesn't give a shit, and the girl who has no interest in him but definitely does- oh wait never mind. No one compares to Patrick and Kat." Tracie trailed off.

"Yes, it doesn't. Thank you." She said, smiling slightly and taking a night of her Mac n Cheese, still smiling about her encounter with Brady.

She wondered how Brady was taking all of this in. Was he gossiping to his friends about the call he just had with a hot actress, was he happy about it? She had no idea.