I was still exhausted since sleeping for only two short hours just wasn't enough to give me energy.

I knew I could probably skip out on a pumping session and Colby could bottle feed Maisie, but I didn't want to give up.

Nobody ever talked about how hard breastfeeding was.

I walked into the nursery to see Colby just sitting in the rocking chair with Maisie in his arms. He was looking out the window as it poured rain outside.

My heart exploded as I leaned against the door frame and just watched them.

The amount of love that was radiating from them was enough to almost send me to my knees.

I shifted slightly, causing Colby to look over at me. "Maisie look, it's mommy." He said as our sweet baby cooed.

"I come with the goods." I said and put my hands on my boobs. "She's really been so good." Colby said as he stood up so I could sit down.

"We had one accident but I changed her diaper like a pro." Colby said with so much pride my heart exploded once again.

"I'm proud of you, babe." I said and took Maisie. "Hi, my little angel. Are you ready for some food?" I asked and positioned her so she could eat. "How are you feeling?" I asked and looked up at Colby.

"How am I feeling?" He asked with a hint of shock. "Mhm." I said and leaned my head back against the chair. "I feel fine. Tired, but happy to have you, the kids, and Maisie." He said causing me to laugh.

"You're so mushy sometimes. Ya know that?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah. Only for you though." He said then came over and kissed my head.

Colby sat with me while I fed Maisie, which was nice. Once she was done he took her from me once again so I could go back to sleep for another couple hours.

I was beyond grateful for how willing he was to just let me sleep during the day as much as possible. We both knew when the kids came home from school it would be nearly impossible for either of us to get some rest.

After two hours I woke up so I could feed Maisie again. However, this time when I went to find Colby and Maisie, he was already giving her a bottle.

"Oh." I hummed as Colby looked over at me. "Look, Maisie. It's your beautiful mommy." He said as I smiled. "So you decided to give her a bottle this time." I said then walked up to them.

It still melted my heart to see how gentle Colby was with our daughter. It was crazy to see such a rough and dangerous man holding our daughter with such love and care.

"I was hoping you would sleep through your alarm. Plus Maisie wanted me to feed her. She asked me." He said causing me to laugh.

"Oh did she? She's the smartest baby in the world then." I said and looked down at our precious daughter.

"Well she's our kid. Of course she's gonna be smart and awesome and the coolest person in any room." He said as I giggled.

"Right. Well you two enjoy daddy daughter time. I'm gonna pump and make the kids an after school last day of school celebratory snack." I said then kissed his cheek.

"Have fun with that. Are you at least a little rested?" He asked as I nodded. "I feel like a million bucks." I said then left the room so I could go down to the kitchen.

While I pumped, I decided to make the kids some cupcakes since we miraculously had all the stuff to make them.

I was almost done with the batter when Colby came into the room with Maisie.

"Hey, Jules? How do you wrap that blanket around her so tight? I literally don't get it." He said and held up Maisie's swaddling blanket.

"Oh, like swaddling?" I asked as he nodded. "Sure. How do you do it so perfectly?" He asked as I shrugged.

"Practice. Why do you want to swaddle her right now?" I asked and looked up at him.

"She sleeps better that way." He said as I smirked. "Why don't you take your shirt and cuddle with her. She sleeps the best that way." I hummed.

"You just wanna see me shirtless." He said as I breathed a laugh. "Maybe." I said as he came over. "God, I wish we could fuck right now." He said causing me to gasp.

"Colby!" I said with a laugh as he shrugged. "What? Maisie needs a sibling." He said as I breathed a laugh. "Maisie was inside of me not even a month ago. Chill." I said as he pursed his lips.

"But I haven't been inside of you in like....three months." Colby said as I breathed a laugh. "Chiiillll." I said causing Maisie to cry. "She wants a sibling." He said as I rolled my eyes and took her from him.

"Just take your shirt off and sit with her." I said with a laugh as I bounced and rocked Maisie so she would calm down.

"I'd love it if you would take your shirt off, too." He said and pulled his shirt off.

"Colby." I said causing him to laugh. "Alright alright. I'm done." He said then took Maisie back from me.

I was honestly amused by how he was acting because I missed being playful with him. Everything was just all business right now and we hardly had any fun.

That was something that needed to change.