127

"You don't have to stay with me, ya know." I said quietly as Colby fluffed a blanket over his legs.

"What the fuck do you mean?" Colby asked with a laugh, leaning back in the chair that looked uncomfortable as hell.

"I mean that you can sleep in an actual bed." I said with a sigh. "No way. Just got you back, darling. I'm not going anywhere." He said then leaned forwards and patted my leg.

I would have argued more but I was exhausted and my body ached.

It made no real sense as to why I was exhausted considering I was sleeping for so long. I had to assume that something horrible happened.

I obviously knew that from the pain I was in, but I think the trauma was erased from my brain.

I was nervous for when it would hit me.

"Whats going on, baby?" Colby asked as I shook my head. "Did I hurt people?" I asked as his face fell slightly.

"Jules, sweetheart. You just woke up after a couple weeks. We are just going to focus on you getting better and healing." He said as I nodded.

"Okay." I whispered and looked up at the ceiling.

I went to close my eyes so I could give the exhaustion a break. I couldn't possibly imagine sleeping though.

I was absolutely wired from just waking up, and was in pain and craving pain pills.

If I wasn't pregnant I would have been more inclined to find some and sneakily take them. That was the thing about addiction that absolutely sucked.

No matter how sober I have been or how much I knew it was wrong, there was always a part of me that craved that numb feeling.

The love I had for my baby though was stronger than the monster in the cage that was in my brain.

I put my hand on my belly, rubbing at it slightly. I was so beyond grateful that I was able to keep the baby safe during all of this shit. I had no idea how that was even possible, but I didn't want to risk anything.

I laid there with my eyes closed for a while before I decided there was absolutely no way I would be falling asleep any time soon.

My body ached and my mind was racing as I looked over at Colby who was sleeping in the uncomfortable chair next to my bed.

His blanket was drooping off his body since he had moved positions so he was uncomfortably holding himself.

I frowned and pulled my blankets off of my body, revealing all the little cuts and bruises that I haven't seen yet.

I frowned, sitting up. I knew I couldn't really get fully out of bed but I wanted Colby to be as comfortable as possible.

When I went to stand up, my legs began to shake. "Fuck." I grumbled, slowly inching towards Colby.

As soon as I got close to him, I slowly pulled the blanket onto his body again. "I love you." I whispered then went to sit down again, bringing my hand to my stomach.

"Woah, what are you doing?" Nate asked as he opened the door. "Colby's blanket was falling." I said and rubbed my belly.

"Did you get up?" He asked as I shrugged. "Hardly." I said quietly as he came over to help me get comfortable again.

"Is the baby actually okay?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, it's a miracle Jules." He explained.

"We thought your body wouldn't be able to save both of you." He said as I nodded. "I'm a tough cookie." I said causing him to laugh.