Part 12

Getting married is a good thing.

Marry a husband, have children, and take root in this country...a warm family, a virtuous husband (maybe more than one), and cute and lively children around her. She can talk to them, teach them the principles of life, and train them to be upright. People, watching their children and grandchildren grow up, will have someone to take care of them when they are old and frail in the future... Isn't this what life is like for a person, what else could she be dissatisfied with? Why is there always an unspeakable regret deep in my heart, an emptiness that cannot be filled?

Can I really live my whole life like this?

She has no ideals, no ambitions, and just seeks peace and tranquility. Is this her life?

Ji Qianqian smiled bitterly. What ideals could she have now? The moment she let go of Wei, her ideals were wiped out with her letting go, not even a scrap was left.

Hey, no matter how great your ideal is, it can't compare to being with your family and growing old with the person you love the most, and I'm afraid it will be difficult to realize your ideal in this lifetime.

rustle--

...Who could be so ignorant as to disturb her meditation?

rustle--

...

"come out."

"Huh, I thought it would take a long time for you to discover my existence." The little man slowly walked out from behind the tree.

"Is it you?" The little cutie in the palace asked.

"Do you remember me?" Renren'er tilted his little head slightly, looking at her with crescent eyes and bright pupils.

It was undeniable that Ji Qianqian felt much better after seeing him.

"How could I forget such a lovely person?"

Those who are close to vermillion are red, and those who are close to ink are dark. Ji Qianqian found that after staying with Huang Shenruo for a long time, he had learned her trick of coaxing people.

"Hehe, then guess who I am." The little man stood in front of her, raised his head and stared at her.

He didn't like looking up at people, as his neck would be sore, but if the person was her, he could bear it.

Noticing his hard work, Ji Qianqian knelt down considerately and looked at him levelly, smiling. "I'm too stupid to guess who you are."

"Can you really guess it?" The little man lowered his head in disappointment.

"Fake." Ji Qianqian touched his head.

This little person is wearing a luxurious palace dress, which is the most popular high-waisted skirt this year. The fabric is not affordable for ordinary people. Two long purple satin floats around the waist, like two small butterflies.

"I knew you were lying!" The little man raised his little face with a smile, but there was no trace of the frustration just now.

Correction, not a little butterfly, but a little fox.

"Cunning little thing." Ji Qianqian laughed. It seemed like she was the one who was deceived. "Do you know who I am?"

"I know!" The little man nodded proudly, smiling with his eyebrows flying and his eyes curled up.

"Oh, tell me then."

"There is only one human emperor who is more beautiful than others, talented and loves to wear white robes. The mother queen often praises you in front of me." The little man stretched out his little hand and touched Ji Qianqian's face, as if he was touching a peerless exquisite thing. Treasures, so careful and cautious. "I was very unconvinced after hearing this. The Queen Mother has never praised me or the other princes like that. Why can a person who appears out of nowhere gain the Queen Mother's favor?"

   "Then what?" Ji Qianqian listened with great interest.

"Only when I met you in the Royal Garden that day did I realize that the Queen Mother did not exaggerate. She has a very accurate eye for people. You are indeed worthy of the Queen Mother's praise." The little man blushed and was embarrassed to continue.

Not only that, he fell in love with her at first sight.

"Thank you, Thirteenth Prince." The blushing little fox became even cuter.

"So you really know who I am!" The little man happily pulled her sleeves and acted coquettishly.

"I never lie."

The sound of 'Chen' made the little man frown in displeasure, "You are the Queen Mother's servant and not mine. You don't have to be like this in front of me."

Ho ho, "Respect is worse than obedience, Thirteenth Prince." Ji Qian Qian couldn't help pinching the little man's face any longer. The touch was even worse than Wan Nian's sister.

The little man was frightened by Ji Qianqian's actions and did not dare to move.

After pinching enough, Ji Qianqian then remembered that he had kept the little man's things by his side, and it was time to return them to him.

"Thirteenth Prince, you must have dropped this." He took out the white jade hairpin and handed it to the little man.

The little man was stunned for a moment, then blinked and suddenly showed a flower-like smile, "I didn't expect you to pick it up." He pushed the hairpin back and said, "Give it to you."

"What?"

"Give it to you." The little man repeated with a smile.

What does she want a child's hairpin for? Ji Qianqian held the hairpin and couldn't laugh or cry.

"Ji Qianqian." The little man whispered.

"Um?"

"My name is Huang Xia Zi." He sneaked out and couldn't stay too long, so he had to fight quickly.

"..."

"You can call me Xia Zi or Zi'er. Don't always call me the Thirteenth Prince or the Thirteenth Prince. I don't like it."

"..."

"Remember, call me Zi'er next time we meet." The little man held Ji Qianqian's face and kissed her hard on her thin lips. He ran away with a blushing face. After running a few steps, he turned around again. Called, "Don't ever forget it——"

He had given her the token of his love, and she couldn't let it go even if she wanted to, right?

Don't tell the Queen Mother yet, wait until she also likes him before telling the Queen Mother.

So Ji, please don't say that this prince is forcing himself on others.

Was she... taken advantage of by that little fox?

Ji Qian Qianqian stroked her lips with a smile on her face. This is the first time that she has been 'frivolous' by a man... a male child, who is still her nominal junior... Wow, I have forgotten how shy the men in the imperial capital are, little fox... your courage is commendable, rushing in With this in mind, she didn't care.

See you next time, ho ho, she is looking forward to it——

spank him.

Putting the hairpin back into his arms, Ji Qianqian stretched his hands and feet, slowly returned to the garden, and found Huang Shenruo and Lan Zhiqi.

The three of them stood together. Except for the married Huang Shenruo, Ji Qianqian and Lan Zhiqi had always been the best candidates for wives. They were like works of art, open to criticism.

The two looked at each other and sighed silently.

Alas, it's painful... This chapter has been read