Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Shoving food is another form of love

«A/N»

♦Honestly i don't really want to rely much on the og story cuz that's like reading another orv novel with self insert side character so most of the time i will just skip the scene that's too much filler. After all, the main character here is Aiden, not kdj.

♦also...this chapter is the start of their journey to romance!! *point to the sun with Guy's smile* (the guy from Naruto)

♪♪♪~~♪♪♪

“That…D-Dokja-ssi. Is this a good choice?”

“Sheesh, is there anything free in life? Dokja-ssi, you said it well. I feel refreshed.”

Jung Heewon dismissed Lee Hyunsung’s concern. In the end, Kim Dokja chose to sell the food instead of doing charity. Although Kim Dokja is quite a suspicious person in Aiden's perspective, he also agree in Kim Dokja's decision. After all, if they coddle these survivors too much, at the end of the day, it will do more harm than good.

Humans were the weakest when they believed someone protected them. Once authority was established in a one-sided relationship, people started to depend on them.

Aiden watched their interactions in silence before walking away to find a corner with less people to stay for the night. This is what he did every night. He always tried to stay as far away from the group if there's no business for him to be there. In fact, they barely even talk to each other except for Lee Gilyoung. The only exception today was Kim Dokja that's why Aiden let himself mingle around the group for a while.

Aiden watch as the group received a lot of customers, exchanging coins here and there. Aiden pat his jacket and took out his last piece of protein bar, munching it silently as he stare at the back of mainstream's group as they basically bought all the leftover food Kim Dokja had. Aiden frown slightly when he noticed that Kim Dokja didn't had anything to eat since the time he arrived. Aiden look at his half eaten protein bar, expression seems to be lost in thoughts. He then put away the remaining protein bar and wait.

When the mainstream group finally leave and only Kim Dokja stay awake among the group, Aiden stood up. He walk toward Kim Dokja who was resting on the wall with his eyes looking around the surrounding. When he heard footsteps, he look toward to source to see Aiden approaching him. His body tense up, ready for any actions the foreigner might do. When Aiden finally arrived near him, he unceremoniously sat himself next to Kim Dokja and took out his unfinished Protein bar to eat.

Kim Dokja look at him in confusion, floating questions marks can be seen from the reader's perspective, if you had enough imagination for it.

Aiden stay silent for a while as he ate the bar slowly. He then speak up, "you haven't eaten anything"

Kim Dokja's stomach grumble at the mention of food. He then cover his face in slight embarrassment and stay silent.

Aiden look at his action from the corner of his eyes before sighing. He then abruptly pull Kim Dokja's right hand from his face and shove the remaining protein bar in his mouth. His grip tighten when Kim Dokja tried to free his hand. When Kim Dokja raise his left hand to try to punch the man, Aiden move swiftly and trap his other hand too.

He use one hand to trap both of Kim Dokja's hands on the wall on top of his head. He then use his free hand to continue shoving the bar in Kim Dokja's mouth.

"Eat" Aiden commanded, looking at the korean man straight into his eyes.

Kim Dokja could do nothing and resign himself into munching the food that was shove into his mouth. His eyes show a flicker of embarrassment and reluctance.

"Lewf gof of mef" Kim Dokja said with his mouth full of food. Aiden took a few second to look at Kim Dokja's resentful face before letting go of his hands and walk away. Kim Dokja stared at the man's back with resentful eyes as he finished the food obediently.

'Bastard! Could've just given the food normally' Kim Dokja thought, grinding his teeth in annoyance as he wiped his mouth.

'Kinda cute' Aiden thought in amusement. A light jump in his steps mirrored his good mood.

The rest of the night passed by with two different kind of thoughts.

♪♪♪~~♪♪♪

After another declaration of war from Cheon Inho the next day, Aiden was too lazy to care about his surrounding. Everything passed by quickly with his mind wandering back to the event of last night.

He look toward the serious looking Kim Dokja that was talking with Jung Heewon, then chuckle to himself in amusement. But not long after that, his good mood disappear as he sense another troublesome things that going to happen.

Yes, that thing showed up. The air split apart and a familiar figure was revealed. Screams came from everywhere. The nightmare of humanity that opened up this tragedy.

[H-How are you all doing? Haven’t you been free for a while?]

The dokkaebi.

Aiden clicked his tongue while frowning. The people panicked at the appearance of the dokkaebi. It was never a good thing when this thing showed up. Looking at its appearance, it's clearly not the same dokkaebi that appeared last time. Instead of white fur, this dokkaebi had black fur.

[M-My friend who was originally in charge of this channel is undergoing disciplinary action… S-So, I am responsible for this scenario.]

The dokkaebi’s timid tone was very memorable.

[T-Then everyone. D-Don’t you look very peaceful? T-That Bihyung, he pretended to be pretentious only to set this level of scenario difficulty…]

“W-What are you saying? Tell us what you want!” one of the survivors shouted angrily.

[H-Hik. Don’t be angry. Everyone. A-Anyway, I came for you guys…]

“For us?”

“T-Then give us food!”

[F-Food? Aha…if you want food…]

After his words ended, the dokkaebi moved his hand.

[A scenario penalty has been added.]

[From now on, food stockpiling is limited.]

[All existing stockpiled food has disappeared.]

'ah' Aiden made a face of surprise before turning his gaze toward the calm Kim Dokja, 'no wonder this guy told his team to eat their food....he knew' Aiden frown, his suspicion grew and his previous goodwill slowly overlapping with his suspicion.

The people with emergency food screamed. Whether it was from the mainstream group or marginalized group, everything that was called ‘food’ floated in the air.

[He, hehe. Then everyone, y-you have to think about how to break the scenario.]

The canned food, biscuits, calorie bars, etc. The emergency food gathered by the people were destroyed with one gesture from the dokkaebi. The people’s expressions became grim when they saw the food disappearing.

[Y-You want to eat? In any case, Earth trash…]

His tone suddenly changed.

[Everyone, let’s have fun from now on. Hehe…]

It was followed by system messages.

[A scenario penalty has been added.]

[The ‘survival cost’ clause has been added.]

[From now on, 100 coins will be deducted every night for the ‘survival cost’. If you can’t pay the ‘survival cost’, you will die.]

[The ‘survival cost’ penalty will be maintained until the second main scenario is cleared.]