Verklempt (adj.) overcome with emotions

Gal....

Relief swells in her heart like she had been holding her breath for five years. The tethered heart shaped lips to her own edged out the neglected affection she sought for days she counted. It was nothing in comparison, but everything, in that moment. Tender and sweetly citrusy with an explicit amount of persistence and wanting.

Emerald eyes scald her own as the blonde minx pulls away from her to survey any hesitance in her eyes. They flit from each pupil before Gal's lips twitch into a smirk.

"Couldn't help yourself?" Gal teases playfully, her hands keeping the woman steady.

An aggressive blush runs across Sutton's cheeks before that cheeky smile radiated brightly despite the moonless night.

"I can't say I haven't been waiting for that," Sutton chortles warmly, laying her hands on Gal's chest. "But if I had to wait any longer, I may not have received a... nightcap."

Gal huffs teasingly under the alcove of the teacher's porch, protecting them from the light mist rolling through. She leans in, taking the risk before her lips met tender ones. She savors in the presence, just for a second but never truly satisfied. A whimper resonated against her own as she felt Sutton melt in her arms. Her own barriers cracking just a bit before Gal composed herself. She pulls back like lighting struck her at that very second before murmuring a goodnight.

Sutton giggles softly, releasing her hold before gently pushing her way through the front door.

She stood there a little longer after Sutton had closed the door before Gal skips down the few steps and towards her Audi.

It's been weeks that she had taken the chance to actually date... again. Sutton had become a whirlwind of playfulness that soothed that scars of her heart. The woman was gentle in her persistence but never intruding. A woman who knows what she wants without forcing herself was truly a woman to admire.

Tonight was different.

Gal had initiated a dinner date at a hole in the wall sushi restaurant at first. It was quite embarrassing when they showed up at the steps only to find out Sutton was allergic to shellfish. After her surrey of apologies, she was fortunate enough to shuffle the woman two doors down to an Italian restaurant that she hadn't tried before. Sutton had been too wholesome to forget about Gal's slip up and ended up having the time of her life or so the blonde stated. After that kiss, Gal's insecurities dwindled down to a silent night of contentment.

October was looking lovelier at this time especially from the added stresses of her sister's wedding. Being the best woman had her hands filled with different hats. Working with Tori had overwhelmed her especially since Tori's mother, Vivienne had taken on many responsibilities to ease her sister in law's situation. Gal was entirely grateful for Vivienne because Tori had become a bride-zilla coming into October. In exactly two months, the wedding of the century was scheduled and Gal couldn't wait for it to be over.

On the other hand, she was planning on asking Sutton to be her date for the wedding. They were in an understanding on slow and steady. Weeks ago, she had told Sutton that she wasn't ready for commitment. She wanted to slowly ease herself into this new situation because of her previous relationship. Luckily, Sutton hadn't prodded her about it but understood wholly.

Yes, tonight was different, she felt different. Good different. Hopeful even.

Lily....

Happiness was the understatement of this exact moment. Composure was nonexistent as tears flooded her whole face. Consumed with an overwhelming euphoric feeling, Lily couldn't tell if the thumps pounding in her ears was her pulse or the baby's heartbeat.