20 | Home of Silverette

Start from the beginning

"What do you even need there? It's a boring kingdom to begin with." I tried to explain. It was true. My kingdom was as boring as it could be. Nothing exciting or entertaining. Everyone abides by the rules and criminals were punished accordingly without any complaints or protests.

"A boring kingdom always hides the biggest secrets." Caius remarked this time and everyone nodded quietly. Solstice watched me as if waiting for another response from me but I didn't give her the luxury of having it from me. Instead, I shrugged.

"Fine."

"Fine? You're not fighting back?" She looked shocked, her eyes growing wide.

"Yeah. When are we going?" I asked just as Caius' phone started ringing. He quietly excused himself, barking out his name as introduction.

"So, Yria, why did you run away from your kingdom?" Andros smirked deviously. I flipped him the bird.

"We're not besties braiding each other's hair, Andros. I'll be focusing on my role here and you do yours." I drew the line between me and them, not interested in making friends.

Once this is over, I will go back to my old life and continue chasing my dream of being a singer.

"Okay. Okay. Let me introduce the rest of the squad then." He raised his hands in surrender before he began to yap about the rest of the group who was weirdly warm enough to welcome me despite the fact that I gave them a poisonous seductive spell a few hours ago.

Andros was recounting the day he stumbled upon Krian in the hospital he was working when Caius bursted in the living room frantically.

"We need to leave! Now!" He fumed, rummaging through his chest box at the corner.

"Wait... Why? What's happening?" Taylor stood up from his seat, going to the gargoyle who kept mumbling nonsense.

"The humans..." Caius started, looking at me before continuing. "They identified Yria. They're coming." I gasped, my heart starting to beat fast again. No no no.... Why?

"Why would they take me?" I asked and Krian gave sighed loudly, looking down while fidgeting her fingers.

"What? What is it?" I demanded. Solstice rushed to my side, her hands on both of my shoulders.

"They are targeting anyone who is linked with her." Andros tilted his head to Krian who began to back away from us; guilt drowning her body.

"Pack up your things. Pack lightly. We don't know what's in store for us once we're out of my house." The gargoyle instructed. Without missing a second, everyone ran to whatever the fuck they where going, screaming to each other to bring powerbanks.

"Just because we live in an ocean doesn't mean we have the energy to power up our kingdom! We have fucking electricity in our kingdom, damn it!" I screamed back.

"We better not crash another plane of ours." Andros muttered to us as we boarded his jet.

"We'll try our best." Taylor chuckled, making the other roll his eyes at him. I followed them quietly.

"Huh." My heart sank. I expected more from a vampire prince. The jet was empty, no souls on board except for us. The jet was a luxury itself with polished wooden accents and plush seats I normally see with Empire planes but the lack of crew made me disappointed.

"I suppose no one will take our drinks and make this flight bearable?" I asked as I gave Andros my bag.

"I don't want to risk an innocent life while we're traveling. The last time we were in a jet, we had a crash." I could only nod with what he told me. I understood. It would be a backlash if his people ever learn he sacrificed people through multiple accidents because of a destiny we cannot control.