4 | The Pack War and the Gray Wolf

TAKE HER AWAY

Björn's POV

I took effort in making my wife as comfortable as possible by putting pillows and a blanket just the way she wanted. When I was finished, I stared at my daughter cautiously. I don't know anything when it comes to baby stuff. Lilja taught me how to take care of her but I was still cautious. I have this crazy imagination that I might drop her.

"What is it?" Sherrie chuckled while she watched me.

"Should I change her?" I asked the oracle, hesitating.

"Sure, Björn. Here. Let me help you." She said and she taught me how to change her babywear.

"It's harder than it looks." I breathed out as I changed her into pink clothes. Her socks, gloves and hat were also pink in color making her look like she was decorated in fluffy pink clouds. Sherrie laughed before speaking.

"Yes, it is." We both sat there comfortably just looking at my beautiful family. We both had a silent understanding, a promise settling in the peaceful room. We both wanted to protect them until the end of time.

I might have dozed off because I was woken up with the loud banging of the door. Sherrie was already at the door pushing someone away. My daughter was crying so loud and I took her to my wife so she could stop her from crying and also to be with her.

I ran into the commotion and saw a guard trying to get inside harshly trying to shove Sherrie away. There was power in Sherrie's eyes, her wolf showing itself as her eyes glowed a bluish hue.

"What do you want?" I growled, helping Sherrie push the door against the intruding guard.

"The Alpha ordered him to take the child to him." I was tense. I knew what that meant. An alpha taking a pup away from a family meant they would be either blessed on their favor or be declared rogue. I knew he didn't like my Krian. No one will harm my child. Not even the Alpha can make me submit to him.

"Björn!" Sherrie shrieked as I kicked the guard right on the stomach making him fall backwards.

"Don't even dare." I growled and he quickly got up with a groan. I spotted two more men approaching this way.

"Sherrie, they're coming." There was horror in her eyes but she nodded at me, completely understanding that there was no way I won't let anyone take my child away from us. She cursed before she got into her fighting stance and so did I.

"Help!" I screamed, hoping the King's guards will get alerted of the betrayal my alpha has done. before we fought the three men. I will fight to the death for my child. I will protect her. Those were my promises as I landed blow by blow against the enemies.