5 | A Glimpse of True Power

SHOW HIM

Sveinn's POV

 Shit! What the fuck did I just get into?

My subconscious was telling me this was a bad idea but then my wolf and I knew we are better off without them.

I was running away from my pack carrying a violet- eyed baby, a two- million dollar check and bundles of thousands of króna in my backpack. This was crazy! I was running away with a bag full of cash, baby stuff and a cursed child in my arms!

Who the hell was in their right mind to agree to do this? Yeah! Me! Is this what I dreamt to do? Not even envisioned it. Do I like this? Hell yes!

I have suffered enough in that pack treating me like I'm a freaking slave. This was my chance of getting away from them and I had grabbed the opportunity the moment it was open so here I was. The wind blew against my face as I dashed through the woods, twigs snapping, branches and leaves brushing against my skin. The howls of werewolves gave me more motivation to escape this territory. I was done with this shithole of a pack anyway. Everyone acted happy and in peace when I saw how sick Alpha Armann would be in closed doors. I was careful not to trip or hurt the baby dodging branches, rocks and other obstacles in the way. Sweat trickled down my face and body stinging the scratches I have gained due to the sharp branches lashing against me as I ran. However, that pain was tolerable seeing how close I was to my goal which was to ride the helicopter and get the hell out of here. Getting closer to the clearing, I can hear loud whooshing sounds at a very fast tempo and the roaring engine of the helicopter nearby. A shiny black helicopter came into my view the moment I was out of the forest. A man in black was waving at me, yelling at me to run faster. I checked the baby in my arms and she's sleeping peacefully.

That was strange. Shouldn't she react to anything disturbing her? Is she deaf?

"Come on! Let's go!" He shouted before barking orders to the microphone attached to his headphones. The baby stirred awake and began to cry. I pulled her in my arms protecting her from the sounds and wind created by the copter. The man put headphones to her ears and then did the same to me.

"Go now. They are looking for the baby!" He ordered before he helped me get in the transport. I hushed the baby trying to quiet her down for someone might hear us.

"Let's go go go!" He shouted before the helicopter began to take off. I just stared down, looking at the window while the ground went farther and farther away from us. My heart was beating so loud it was fighting against the sounds of the helicopter engine in my ears.

"Incoming!" The man shouted, grabbing a gun.

"Woah! Woah!" I moved away from the now armed man who started shooting below. I can hear werewolves growling and some wincing.